PDA

View Full Version : Error in Bug Watch (Nov PC World)

Mackin_NZ
04-11-2007, 12:01 PM
The November Bug Watch says under the heading Vista Hot Fixes: "Two patches that aren't yet available via Automatic Updates improve Vista's performance and compatibility" mentioning KB938194 and KB938979.

When I checked my Vista Ultimate machine those two updates were installed via Automatic Updates on 30 August 2007.

I think the author, Stuart Johnston, needs to do a bit more research before he submits his articles. Are facts checked before going to press?

bob_doe_nz
04-11-2007, 12:50 PM
You thunk thats bad??!!
I remember a few years back in the PCW mag, on HDD utilities.

They had images of the program. One of the pictuers showed the serial number. :blush:

jwil1
04-11-2007, 01:06 PM
There was an article (PressF1 section I think) a few issues back that told readers how to secure their PC (I forget the details) and the screenshot was - How to change your desktop wallpaper in Vista!

Eh?!

beeswax34
04-11-2007, 01:15 PM
There was an article (PressF1 section I think) a few issues back that told readers how to secure their PC (I forget the details) and the screenshot was - How to change your desktop wallpaper in Vista!

Eh?!

I think it was to make your desktop so ugly, people would just run away screaming :lol: