PDA

View Full Version : Odd start up problem

Paul Camford
04-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi all,
This morning I discovered that my broadband was down. First thing I did was reboot my new Acer Vista PC but that did not not fix it.
I then discovered it was Ihug/Telecom related .
About a hour later I rebooted my machine again , only to discover that it would not boot up, it kept hanging on the splash screen with the blocks in the rectangle that keep moving across.
After trying more reboots and much cursing that my 3 week old machine was playing up I restarted again and entered F12.
First thing I noticed was that my external hard drive was highlighted as my boot disk. Changed it to my normal hard drive and now it goes fine.
Question is what happened ?
I have never gone into setup before to change anything and up to now it has aways rebooted no problem.
Any ideas how it got set to my external hard drive ?

wainuitech
04-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Didn't load the drivers correctly and got its "nickers in a twist" over something.
Nothing to worry about unless it does it all the time.

bevy121
04-11-2007, 12:13 PM
hehe - nothing worse than a comp with twisted knickers! :)

jwil1
04-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Try removing your external HD until the PC is past the POST (Power On Self Test) and the machine is started up.

beeswax34
04-11-2007, 01:15 PM
My computer does this if my Hp Printer is turned on before POST so we just turn it on after the computer is started and problem solved:thumbs: