PDA

View Full Version : Publisher 97 v Windows 98

27-03-2001, 12:05 PM
I used to use Publisher, versions 95 and 97 with no trouble when I had Windows 95. I now have a new computer, and Windows 98SE. I have tried loading either and both versions of Publisher - unsuccesfully.

Pub 95 works, nearly without problem (hates some of the wizards clip art!), but Pub 97 doesn't even open. It comes up with an invalid page fault window on the desktop. Any suggestions to get this running - I unfortunately have some Pub 97 files I need to open.

02-04-2001, 10:14 PM
Had the same problem and found some answers on the microsoft site. Basically you will have to uninstall and reinstall the software. If you have Microsoft office, this may have to be reinstalled as well. Hope this helps, worked for me.

03-04-2001, 08:24 AM
I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. both Pub 95 and Pub 97, several times...and still get same errors.

I tried looking on microsoft site, but couldn't come up with anything with the search words I was using...can you remember what search words you used?

I will admit I haven't tried reinstalling Office....that may have to be next step.

Thanks.