PDA

View Full Version : Dual Mnoitors - Launch application on 2nd monitor via Startup

ajaxford
02-11-2007, 12:12 PM
I have a dual monitor setup which works fine.

If I have a desktop icon for an application on the primary monitor, the application lauches on the primary monitor. Likewise, a desktop icon on the 2nd monitor launches the application on the 2nd monitor.

What I would like to do is to have these applications launched when I start Windows (XP), so that one application auto-starts on the primary monitor and the other auto-starts on the 2nd monitor.

If I create new shortcuts to the desktop icons on the monitors and place these in the startup folder, I end up with the 2 applications running on the primary monitor.

It seems that when you "click" an icon on the 2nd monitor, Windows "knows" to launch the application on the 2nd monitor. Does anyone know how to tell Windows to start an application on the 2nd monitor from the startup folder?

zcc
02-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Well I get opera (& other stuuf) on my second monitor all the time by making sure I close it when it is open on the second monitor.
Always close the program on the monitor you want it to START in.
I hope this is also how the startup folder will work, ms could of course hard coded things...
Good luck

The_End_Of_Reality
02-11-2007, 07:53 PM
I know the answer to this...

You can add a command at the end of the target section in the shortcut properties...

But I can't remember it :p I am trying to find it now.

EDIT, hmm, looks like each program has different command line parameters, would be best to let us know what the program is.