PDA

View Full Version : BTHomeHub problem

JOEJG
30-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Been trying to connect my laptop downstairs and it is having really bad problems in keeping it connected for longer than a minute or two.

I had the same issue with my PS3 on the old wireless router.

So does having the doors open help the connection and the signal? Because it was always the case with my PS3 connecting to the old router.

Or is something else the problem? Such as it having poor range?

Edit: Been trying it downstairs, to no success. So I moved to the top of the stairs and it connects straight away.

This signal must be really poor. As when I shut the door it loses the connection within that minute.

JOEJG
30-10-2007, 10:26 AM
I'll post all help info that I've been finding or been helped out elsewhere:

Edit: ''It's a 1 and a half year old, MESH. And I've been on it for about 10 minutes now. New record! :D

It's as if I have to move and get the connection and then move wherever. But still, the conn is slow and I keep having to refresh pages every now and then.

You might be correct. It could be the old walls. However, the old Linksy router was better and rarely cutted out.''

^Someone asked me if I had old walls, which I do, and could be the cause? And it's as if its preserving the connection.

beeswax34
30-10-2007, 12:49 PM
First of all, change the channel that its broadcasting on to avoid interference from other devices. I think the usual channels are 6 (ad-hoc) or 11 (infrastructure) So change the channel to like 7 or 10.

Also, get the router as far away from cordless phones (especially 2.4Ghz ones!) and the microwave. You might just need a access point downstairs if theres no improvement or atleast a signal booster.

JOEJG
31-10-2007, 08:31 AM
No idea what you mean by changing the channel, sorry. And the phone is quite a distance away. Plus, there being no microwaves in the house.

JOEJG
06-06-2008, 04:25 AM
Sorry about this double post but the problem hasn't ceased.

Note that no connections (0) are being picked-up. I have a wireless and would also like to mention that I believe a backlight or my motherboard had problems a while back. The screen just died on me back then but it was later fixed, though I still have this Internet problem to solve now.