PDA

View Full Version : log in default

John_Robb
29-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Once when entering to log in for the Amex site I entered several wrong log ins. Now they all come back to haunt me everytime I go to log in.
I suspect it is Windows that remebers these log ins and I presume there is a way of deleting them.
Any ideas??

Speedy Gonzales
29-10-2007, 09:32 PM
If youre talking about IE. Go to tools / internet options / general tab.

Browsing history. Delete button / delete passwords.

John_Robb
30-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the help but I must be using an older version of IE. I have V6 with Windows 2000 SP2.
Tools/Internet Options/general does not show me a Browse history. It does show History and I have deleted all the history files but that has not solved the problem. I have also deleted all the interet temporary files and cookies but still no joy.
Any further advice would be appreciated
Thanks

somebody
30-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the help but I must be using an older version of IE. I have V6 with Windows 2000 SP2.
Tools/Internet Options/general does not show me a Browse history. It does show History and I have deleted all the history files but that has not solved the problem. I have also deleted all the interet temporary files and cookies but still no joy.
Any further advice would be appreciated
Thanks

Unfortunately I don't have IE6 so I can't go and find this, however in IE7 there is:
- Options - Content - Autocomplete - Settings (you can untick it, and it'll forget the usernames/passwords you've accidentally saved in the past)

bevy121
30-10-2007, 02:56 PM
IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Content -> Autocomplete -> Settings
There is a "Clear Passwords" button