PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help!

Hatrix
29-10-2007, 03:41 AM
Yesterday i reformated my comp with windows xp sp2. Then i start getting the blue screen saying my irql is not equal or less. So i reformated it again and installed the drivers. That problem is solved. Now after i have my computer on more than a hour or 2 it starts to reset it self. After the reset it goes to my desktop for a few seconds and resets again. It does it over and over, so i opened up my tower and checked the hardware. My gfx card its really hot, my mobo is a bit warm, so is my processer. Do you think my graphic card is overheating? Also i checked the temperatures of my computer and its between 50-53 C'

Evga GeForce 7900GS
AMD Athlon 3200
Asus A8N Sli
Kingston 2 1gig sticks of ram

wainuitech
29-10-2007, 06:30 AM
Welcome TO PressF1 Hatrix

How many Case fans do you have installed in the PC, it sounds like its getting a little to warm. ?

Also how are you checking the temperatures of the PC?

Hatrix
29-10-2007, 08:17 AM
I have 1 installed in my tower. But i've have had it for a long time, think its time to get a new one?

I checked the temps when i went to my bio settings.

Pete O'Neil
29-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Is there a lot of dust in the PC? Dust can clog up the fans and heatsinks and reduce there effectiveness. This means they can be functioning fine one day and not so well the next. Definitely sounds like a heat issue.

pctek
29-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Turn off Automatically Restart in Contorl Pnael - Syetem - Advanced .

Then see what BSOD its giving you now.

Hatrix
29-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Alright, thanks for the reply guys. I will be dusting my computer in a little, on a laptop right now. Should i just get a rag or damp cloth or somethin?

Pete O'Neil
29-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Should i just get a rag or damp cloth or somethin?
You realize electricity and water don't mix right? If you've got access to a compressor they are awesome for cleaning out dust.

Otherwise Google (http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=how+to+remove+dust+from+a+pc&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) is your friend ;)

beeswax34
29-10-2007, 01:17 PM
A small paintbrush will be fine too, just dont get the bristles caught in anything.

Hatrix
30-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Well i dusted my fans, but im still getting the same results. I turned off automatic restart, and it takes me to the blue screen again. SO, i got a month left on my gfx card. I might just go send it back. Hopefully that solves it. My mobo temp is good.

wainuitech
30-10-2007, 08:07 AM
When it blue screens are there any error codes showing, if so what are they?

Also to see if its being logged, click start / run type in eventvwr Look at the application and system logs, they may give you some Idea as to whats causing it.

Try downloading Memtest from my sig burn the ISO and run that as well, just to check out the memory.

If the GFX card is not at fault, the warrany wont apply - only applies if product is faulty. Some cards do get hotter than others.

Hatrix
30-10-2007, 12:29 PM
It says "IRQL does is not equal or loess" with some x's and 0's. Its been on since i last posted. So far so good, but im a bit worried. Ill try out that mem test

Erayd
30-10-2007, 12:56 PM
What is the exact error code? Simply saying "with some x's and 0's" tells us nothing.

wainuitech
30-10-2007, 05:32 PM
It says "IRQL does is not equal or loess" with some x's and 0's. Its been on since i last posted. So far so good, but im a bit worried. Ill try out that mem test

That normally means a driver issue, if it does it again, stsrt the PC up in safe Mode by pressing F8 on startup, go into the Log files as I put in Post 10, AND also please give the Complete Error code as Bletch requested.

Joe_Davies
01-11-2007, 08:17 AM
If you have a heat sink under your processor fan, it may need dusting as well. An awful lot of dust can build up under the fan, and it really hurts the cooling efficiency of the fan/heatsink combination. You may need to remove the fan and check underneath it.

Good luck.

Joe