PDA

View Full Version : How can I repartition my HDD?

Pat
21-10-2007, 12:00 PM
My hard drive has two partitions, one with too much space, the other with too little for my purpose. Is there a free program that will allow me to repartition my drive?

Many thanks,
Pat.

Pat
21-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Sorry about reposting this. I could not find my first posting.

Pat.

Erayd
21-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Your first thread is here, just a few lines down the page (http://pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=84001) and has two replies so far.

Pat
21-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks very much Bletch. At 86+ the simple things I now find a bit more difficult, but I am working on it.

God bless,
Pat.

andy
25-10-2007, 07:50 AM
If you are running XP (or Vista), you can use windows. Go to Control Panel, select Administrative tools under Performance and Maintenance. Select Computer Management and then Disk Management from the right hand pane. You can then resize partitions and make new ones from here.

paulw
25-10-2007, 11:07 AM
If you are running XP (or Vista), you can use windows. Go to Control Panel, select Administrative tools under Performance and Maintenance. Select Computer Management and then Disk Management from the right hand pane. You can then resize partitions and make new ones from here.

Vista has this feature but you sure about XP??

Speedy Gonzales
25-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Vista has this feature but you sure about XP??

XP does have it, but I dont think you can do it once the OS has been installed.

It'd have been better, if it was done, during the install.

Other than that, you would need something like Partition Magic

The option is actually under Admin Tools / Comp Management / Disk Management.

Not under Performance and Maintenance.

wainuitech
25-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Vista has this feature but you sure about XP?? XP Pro does.

Pat
25-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Thank you all very much for your input. Unfortunately I am running XP Home. Looks like I shall have to save up and buy Partition Magic and confuse myself again.

God bless,
Pat.

wainuitech
25-10-2007, 01:12 PM
I personally use Acronis Disk Director From Here (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/) Its cheaper than Partition Magic and very easy to use. The trial lets you do every thing apart from the final step - then they want $$

Heres what it says from their site:
Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 trial version has the following limitations:

Only partitions of the minimum size (1 cylinder ~ 7,8 MBytes) can be created (both in Windows and in rescue mode)
Acronis OS Selector trial period expires after 15 days, and then starts with a 15 seconds delay