PDA

View Full Version : A Gmail Question.

Poppa John
18-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi All.
I have four Gmail addresses. Each one is for a specific purpose. When I get an incoming Gmail it makes the Google Mail Icon, bottom right, bold.
When I go into it. It may not be the Address selected, logged into. So I have to sign out & in to one of the others till I find it.

So. Is it possible to have an Icon on the screen, that when I click on it, it brings up all four addresses? Then I can select any one of them quicker?

I also have two Orcon adresses, maybe I can put those there as well.

Does that make sense. PJ:help: :confused:

Term_X
18-10-2007, 09:33 AM
ive got the gmail notifier as well poppa john and i also have 2 gmail accounts. i also thought about that idea as well but i dont think its possible unless it was possible to run 2 notifiers at the same time?

what id suggest is make one email addy forward to the other thats logged with the notifier :)

Cho
18-10-2007, 10:01 AM
aMSN allows you to monitor more than one email addy. and each links to its own mailbox. this could be a simple soloution. although only if you feel the need to change MSN clients, if you use one that is.

apart from that i got no ideas.

trinsic
18-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Link all your Gmail accounts to one. You can have it all sorted and even send from the email it was sent to (or another if you wish).

5 emails is a hassle checking daily :D

somebody
18-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Alternatively, use some sort of mail client. I use Outlook 2007 to check my 9 email accounts daily, including 2 Gmail ones.

SurferJoe46
18-10-2007, 11:15 AM
I have four accounts that are active from incoming mail..and another four or so that are repositories for my archives...and I get toast from all but the last four.

I did it by opening another Home tab in FF and loading GMail.com via the URL bar, and when it loads, I just drag that icon on the tab into a folder I created called "GMail Accts" on the BookmarksToolbar Folder, and drag the new tabs into that folder on that bar. (They drag almost anywhere, you know? You can even drag them to the desktop too...it'll load FF, but then go directly to your GMail account that way).

When that's done, I opened each one individually, signed into the accounts, one at a time and just closed the tab each time. Don't sign out..it'll break the link!

Now when I get mail in any of those accts, I get toast to tell me so.

Easy Peasy!

zqwerty
18-10-2007, 02:21 PM
http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/

zqwerty
18-10-2007, 02:40 PM
That last link doesn't seem to work too well, get it from here instead:

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloads/2163250/gmail-manager

Poppa John
20-10-2007, 07:49 PM
I think I have sorted it. Recently we changed from Xtra to Orcon. Went into Google Mail settings & entered our new Email adress.

What I have done is to delete each gmail address & start fresh, Unticking & reticking each box. Now all emails come up in Outlook Express.

Thanks All. PJ:thumbs: