PDA

View Full Version : autochk program not found

xkapax
14-10-2007, 05:09 AM
This happen on my other computer four days ago when my computer got frozed and I had to restart it. When I restart the computer back over I get this message "autochk program not found - skipped autocheck" then it would shut off for like 4 seconds and then the computer will start over doing the same thing until I turn it off.
I've been searching everywhere on google and I dont have Window XP CD or I can't get on as safe mode or the other options they gave me, because it's going to repeat the same thing. Nothing is wrong with the Partition Table, it's fine. I just dont know what to do since I don't have Window XP CD.

Jen
14-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Does your computer have an auto-recovery partition instead to repair/reinstall the OS? Many brand name computers have that instead of supplying the user with a physical install disk.

If you know the brand of your hard drive, you could also download from the manufacturers website a diagnostic tool that runs off a CD to test the health of your drive. It is possible your drive has failed.