PDA

View Full Version : DSE DVD player

taly
12-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi there!
I have recorded a video on a CD using Windows movie maker, but DSE DVD player don't show the picture.

How to convert to a format that it would take?

Thanks for ideas

Speedy Gonzales
12-10-2007, 03:30 PM
It depends on WHAT format, you recorded it to CD in.

And WHAT format/s the DVD player can read/play.

Somehow, I dont think it'll play WMV files.

You'll have to convert it to a DVD format, or a format the DVD can play.

You can use Nerovision, (the plugins arent free), or CDburnerxp SE, which is free

wainuitech
12-10-2007, 03:37 PM
This program Here Ashampoo shrink and Burn (http://www2.ashampoo.com/webcache/html/1/product_2_0137__.htm) wil convert to many different formats, theres a 30 day fully functional trial, It will convert Windows Movie files to most formats - VOB is one that comes to mind you can use.

JUST INSANE
12-10-2007, 08:04 PM
I have one of those they'll work with VOB, Avi, MPEG, Dat formats.
you'll need a program such as super
takes a while though.

Meanwhile i replaced those dse players a cupple of times because they have poor lasers

taly
15-10-2007, 10:50 AM
I tried DIVX, downloaded free version but could not burn a dvd. My PC is Athlon 750MHz with 512 MB ram. May be it is the problem, not fast enough?

dugimodo
15-10-2007, 10:57 AM
past experience suggests DSE DVD players are not too good at playing burnt DVDs. They have problems with stuttering and pauses when trying to play them back.

VCD's on the other hand tend to play fine in almost anything, at the cost of lower video quality and playing time so I would suggest burning to VCD format.

I have no Idea what windows movie maker outputs though, so I can't tell you what software you need to make a VCD from it.

Speedy Gonzales
15-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I think Moviemaker only does WMV. Well it only captures in WMV.

I think the Vista version has more formats.

Bantu
15-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Hi there!
I have recorded a video on a CD using Windows movie maker, but DSE DVD player don't show the picture.

How to convert to a format that it would take?

In Windows Movie Maker when you save it (Ctrl+P) save to My Computer. Next, Filename/Location, Next Choose Other Settings and scroll down and set it to highest settings for best results. High Quality PAL Video. You could also choose DV-AVI Pal, this will create an AVI file which will be slightly better.

If you don't have a decent DVD Authoring program use likes of Nero, choose Nero Vision, Add Video Files, add your WMV, choose DVD at the bottom right, insert your blank and hit Next. Leave in the Header Title if you wish or choose Do Not Create Menu, a couple more Next's and you should get a DVD you can watch.

IF the file on your CD is the WMV then drag it onto the PC and go from the Nero bit, but if you want better quality than Windows Movie Maker's default re-do it.

Check the Specs that come with your DVD Player. It will tell you what type of DVD and formats it will read. Look for stuff like DVD-R, DVD-RW, Also if it will read VHS, SVHS, MPEG 1, MPEG 2. It MIGHT read Divx but unlikely being Dick Smith model.