PDA

View Full Version : What are these - ANIWZCS2 service, ccapp.exe?

billc
12-10-2007, 01:15 PM
I run Win XP pro.
Often these days, when I start up the PC I get an error message that ANIWZCS2 service failed to start and must shut down. So I reboot. Sometimes this makes it go away, but lately it seems harder to get it to go, and it is there again on reboot!
So what exactly is this process or program or whatever, and is it very critical?

The other regular feature I get at shut down, is an error message about CCapp.exe not responding so I click 'end'.

What are these two annoying messages, anyone?

Cheers.

Speedy Gonzales
12-10-2007, 01:20 PM
ccapp belongs to some Symantec programs.

The AV or firewall, most probably.

And the other looks like it belongs to Dlink PCI wireless adapters.

Looks like both are having probs loading on startup.

Only thing u can do, is uninstall and reinstall both. Or uninstall what Symantec programs you've got and install something else.

wainuitech
12-10-2007, 01:22 PM
I run Win XP pro.
Often these days, when I start up the PC I get an error message that ANIWZCS2 service failed to start and must shut down. So I reboot. Sometimes this makes it go away, but lately it seems harder to get it to go, and it is there again on reboot!
So what exactly is this process or program or whatever, and is it very critical?

The other regular feature I get at shut down, is an error message about CCapp.exe not responding so I click 'end'.

What are these two annoying messages, anyone?

Cheers.

Quoted from another site ANIWZCS2 is part of the DLink Airplus G utility installed for the DWL-G122 USB Wireless adaptor.

And Ccapp.exe is part of nortons Antivirus.

Looks like your Nortons is dead or corrupted, and not working.

beeswax34
12-10-2007, 01:56 PM
You will definitely need to have the D-link service enabled on startup. I have a USB wireless adapter and I turned the service of by mistake in msconfig and it just wouldn't detect the adapter when I turned the laptop on. It also disabled the use of that particular device and I had to manually enable it again to make the adapter work again.

billc
12-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Ah Ha. Thanks for that.

Yes I do have a D-link USB wireless adaptor, which lights up initially when I boot the PC but dissapears (the lights that is) as soon as windows starts. I have found a 'work around' by just unplugging it and replugging it and away it goes.
I also run Nortons Internet security software, which explains the CCapp crap. I have recently been given advice to ditch Nortons, as they are a high profile AV company, they are the target of malicious attacks. A local PC firm tells me they remove more viruses from Nortons 'protected' PCs than any other.

It would be nice if file names gave some kind of clue as to what application they were part of!

Thanks again,
Cheers

Speedy Gonzales
12-10-2007, 04:11 PM
It would be nice if file names gave some kind of clue as to what application they were part of!

Thats what Google is for :D

Or the search option in Windows is for.

Kill Symantec and get Avast, AVG or NOD32 (If you dont mind paying for it).