PDA

View Full Version : iPod Registration

Chris815
11-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Every time I have synced my iPod to iTunes, there was a window asking me to register, and I had always chose to do it later. So today I finally accept to do it and enter my info, but it wasn't until after confirming the info that I realised I'd made a big mistake! :o
What I want to know is how can I re-register, or edit the info? Please help me, this is urgent.

Also, I have my iPod set to automatically sync with iTunes, but how can I stop it syncing straight away when I connect it, without having to manually manage it?

winmacguy
11-10-2007, 06:02 PM
I don't think you can re register. You can choose to completely ignore it though I think.

Your options are for iPod syncing are:
Open iTunes when this iPod is connected
'Sync only checked songs and videos
Manually manage music and videos
Enable disk use
yes/no for any of the above

Not sure if you're wanting something other than that?

Speedy Gonzales
11-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Register what?? I've never had to register the 2 I've got here.

Which Ipod?

You have to connect it first, BEFORE you can change any of the options.

Then once its connected, you'll have to deselect the options under Music, Podcasts, Contacts, and Video / Games / Movies / TV Shows / Photos (If its a Video Ipod). Just make sure enable disk use (under Summary is ticked), otherwise it may crash (Itunes), when you go to sync it.

Then all, you have to do is select the files menu and sync (the name of the Ipod).

Chris815
11-10-2007, 06:32 PM
I don't think you can re register. You can choose to completely ignore it though I think.

Your options are for iPod syncing are:
Open iTunes when this iPod is connected
'Sync only checked songs and videos
Manually manage music and videos
Enable disk use
yes/no for any of the above

Not sure if you're wanting something other than that?

I don't want to manually manage it, that's what I was meaning. If you don't have that option ticked though, it automatically syncs when you connect the iPod! I'm just wondering if you can stop it doing this.

Register what?? I've never had to register the 2 I've got here.

Which Ipod?

You have to connect it first, BEFORE you can change any of the options.

Then once its connected, you'll have to deselect the options under Music, Podcasts, Contacts, and Video / Games / Movies / TV Shows / Photos (If its a Video Ipod). Just make sure enable disk use (under Summary is ticked), otherwise it may crash (Itunes), when you go to sync it.

Then all, you have to do is select the files menu and sync (the name of the Ipod).

I bought my new 3rd generation 4gb iPod nano the other day, and every time I connected it to my PC, iTunes asked me to register it.

Okay, I tried that, but it kept telling me that if I deselected any of those, they would be removed from the iPod! I was just wondering if there is an option like "Don't automatically sync when connected".

Speedy Gonzales
11-10-2007, 06:45 PM
If you uninstalled a previous version of Itunes (and delete the folders), then
reinstall a new version, and then connect an Ipod.

It'll assume that you've changed something. And tell you it's going to erase WHAT was on the Ipod. And then resync the songs, after you add them back into Itunes again.

BUT, if you do the above, BUT you don't delete the (previous version's folder/s), then reinstall a new version, everything will stay intact..

I dont know if this is what youre talking about.

You would have to untick all the options (by the Summary tab (once the Ipod is connected), so it wont sync next time you connect the Ipod.

BUT, then whats the point in doing this, if you're not going to sync anything at all?

Take a snapshot of this register thing you're talking about (cant say I've seen it). And post it on the ImageF1 site.

Chris815
11-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I see what you're getting at. Never mind, it isn't a big deal. All I need is a way to get the registration page back, and I can't see how to do that.

winmacguy
11-10-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't want to manually manage it, that's what I was meaning. If you don't have that option ticked though, it automatically syncs when you connect the iPod! I'm just wondering if you can stop it doing this.

Well you have two options, you either set it to auto sync which is the easiest, or, you sync manually when ever you want to. Its a bit hard to have it any other way:confused:

I was just wondering if there is an option like "Don't automatically sync when connected".
That would be the Manual sync option.