PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Xtra e-mail log-in failure

Shortcircuit
11-10-2007, 05:44 AM
Is anyone having problems logging in to xtra e-mail?... (that's the POP3, not officemail).

Mine was going fine since the drama over the bubble when I changed the settings as required to work through port 465, but I did not sign up to the yahoo/xtra bubble webmail and the xtra help page says that 'your normal e-mail will still work'.

This morning all I'm getting when I try to check for mail is "sending of password did not succeed, mail server pop3 responded unable to log in, please visit http;//mail.yahoo.com"

Sending of mail works and I can send receive through my other xtra officemail (ie domain name) account.

I'm stumped as I tried changing the e-mail password through the xtra account site and it said it changed ok, I also changed the pop3 settings in the e-mail account to the 'recommended' ones that never worked and they still don't work :(

beama
11-10-2007, 06:31 AM
same here, but able to access through web mail

jcr1
11-10-2007, 06:40 AM
Same here too. I'm getting a bit sick of this.

DeSade
11-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Same here
This is final straw for me Xtra can kiss my hairy white.........
I am changing ISP's

Greg
11-10-2007, 07:21 AM
All is fine for me but one of my customers is having same problem. Xtra helpdesk advised check your settings via their web interface. Which of course means he to bloody register with Xtra/Yahoo/Bubble crapola. Grr

Billy T
11-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Got the same problem here. I had zero issues during the previous round of trouble and did not have to touch a thing, but today ??????????

Which of course means he to bloody register with Xtra/Yahoo/Bubble crapola. Grr

Is this a problem to do, or does it create other hassles? I wasn't previously affected and didn't follow the threads on PF1 etc so don't know what the issues were.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :horrified

Cicero
11-10-2007, 07:31 AM
If they were to take the millions off Gatung and the like and spend on some decent labour they might get some where!

Greg
11-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Is this a problem to do, or does it create other hassles?
Dunno really, but I resent having to be forced to do it... I have to go through the process so I can advise the customer. Grrr@Xtra!

Shortcircuit
11-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Thanks guys (and girletts) sounds like the better part of valour was to go back to bed when I couldnt fix it by swearing.

Orcons looking mighty fine right now... I wonder they would tell me how much their CEO makes before I swap?

PS- BillyT, I got as far as reading the Yahoo terms of service before I bailed from registering, but I understand they dont download any program to you comp - its just straight webmail done over the interweb... you just have to sign away your first born (which probably wouldnt worry most people) and all your mail & personal details will be owned by Australians

Cicero
11-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks guys (and girletts) sounds like the better part of valour was to go back to bed when I couldnt fix it by swearing.

Orcons looking mighty fine right now... I wonder they would tell me how much their CEO makes before I swap?
Good thinking Shorty.

wainuitech
11-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Office mails up the whop also, A customers mail crashed early this week, and no matter what setting were tried even after talking to extra nothing worked.

Finally go it going by using settings that by rights shouldn't work, and xtra said it wont work, no way - but it did - for now.

Wonder how many customers xtra have lost due to this on going muck up.

bk T
11-10-2007, 08:30 AM
If they were to take the millions off Gatung and the like and spend on some decent labour they might get some where!

Well Said.

Ho Chi Minh
11-10-2007, 08:47 AM
My xtra email is also dead does anyone know how to fix it?.
Its a killer on my business.

Ho

Ho Chi Minh
11-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Sweet its working again panic over.

Shortcircuit
11-10-2007, 08:56 AM
yep, mines also going now :thumbs:

wainuitech
11-10-2007, 08:59 AM
These may work for you they may not, by rights they shouldn't

The setting that I used, that xtra said wouldn't work in Oulook 2003 but did are:

Incoming Mail: pop3.officemail.co.nz
Outgoing smtp.xtra.co.nz

Under the "more Setting" button /outgoing server tab , tick the box " my outgoing server requires ......"

Under the advanced tab Incoming Server 995 leave the ssl UNTICKED.
Outgoing server 25 Unticked.

Xtra said those setting WONT work, yet strangely enough it was the only settings that DID work. Every other combination they suggested didn't.

Is that screwed or what :groan:

jcr1
11-10-2007, 09:31 AM
yep, mines also going now :thumbs:

Mine too:waughh: Didn't even have to kick it:p

DeSade
11-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Too little too late for me
I am looking elsewhere, its only a matter of time before this bubble crap is forced on the rest of us

Agent_24
11-10-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm using the old (non-secured) settings which work perfect for me, although apparently they shouldn't work at all

And they're faster

Ho Chi Minh
11-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Bubble crap lol

Ho

stu161204
11-10-2007, 10:49 AM
News link on this: Xtra email problems irk customers - http://www.stuff.co.nz/4233966a28.html

wainuitech
11-10-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm using the old (non-secured) settings which work perfect for me, although apparently they shouldn't work at all

And they're faster yep ! shouldn't work according to xtra - but it does, got several customers who are using the old settings, change to the new and it don't work.
Xtra's Nuts ( and thats being polite) :rolleyes:

bk T
11-10-2007, 01:17 PM

And they're faster

Same thing here.

royaloaks
11-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I have gone to Orcon. Telecom is imploding. Best move I have made this year! :D