PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Remover Download-Question for Speedy

Grimy
06-10-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm going to download the paid version of TR as my trial is almost finished. When I go to their site (simply super software) MacAfee Site Advisor throws up a red warning. I'm guessing the site is okay, just with all the references to mal/spyware/trojans, and download for getting rid of same SA has become a bit confused?
Cheers, Grimy.

Speedy Gonzales
06-10-2007, 11:10 AM
AFAIK the site is ok.

If there's a full update on the site, I get it for the 2 PC's here. Saves me getting it twice.

Never had a prob with it or the program.

You're going here right ? (http://www.simplysup.com/)

The paid version is the trial version, you download from the above site.

Ater you download the trial, and pay for it, you'll get the details by email.

Then you can enter the registration details, under the register menu. Then its registered.

So you dont have to download it again. Just use what you've got, register it, get the details from SimplySup by email, enter the details, its the full version.

Grimy
06-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks Speedy. Yes that's the site (accessed through the pop up when the trial version runs) and I guessed it would be fine.
Once paid I can install it on 3 PCs. Does it matter what OS is installed? My sister has my old PC with ME on it, which probably needs all the help it can get!
Thanks, Grimy.

Speedy Gonzales
06-10-2007, 11:31 AM
According to the site its compatible with 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista.

BUT, not 64 bit versions of Windows. So should be fine.

Altho, depending on WHERE the other pcs are, if they're not in NZ or in your house (and you're paying for it here in NZ).

I doubt that it'll work anywhere else besides NZ. (ie: if one of the other 2 PC's are in Oz, then it wont work).

As I think the serial is based on your name, and possibly your address/email/country.

Grimy
06-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks Speedy, lots of useful info as always. Much appreciated.
I'll be installing on my PC, the neighbours PC and maybe my sister's in Palmy (I'm in Auckland). I'll give it a go and see what happens. If I can't use it on those PCs, I've got a laptop here I can use it on.

Speedy Gonzales
06-10-2007, 11:48 AM
No worries.

AND if you've got any anti-spam programs or something like Poptray or Mailwasher,

Add whats here (http://www.simplysup.com/tremover/register.html)

Just above UK customers Only.

Better not add them here, they may get spammed.