PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot service

Blade2
06-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi all

Has anyone had a deterioration in speed around Wellington region particularly Brooklyn?

Slingshot say there is nothing wrong their end, so I suspect it is overloading on the connection as the speed fluctuates greatly.

globe
06-10-2007, 11:28 AM
It has been pants up here in Auckland all morning - AGAIN

Trev
06-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Left Actrix for Slingshot 3 weeks ago joined there Pro 6gig plan, had nothing but bad connection problems are now back with Actrix with no bad connection problems.
:)

robbyp
06-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Left Actrix for Slingshot 3 weeks ago joined there Pro 6gig plan, had nothing but bad connection problems are now back with Actrix with no bad connection problems.

I am surprised that you joined slingshot, as there is nothing but bad reviews here.

I have had coonection problems too in wellington with slingshot.

Trev
06-10-2007, 12:32 PM
I am surprised that you joined slingshot, as there is nothing but bad reviews here.

With Slingshot it depends what part of the country you are in. Some areas have bad connections while others don't.

rob_on_guitar
06-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Hamilton has been crap for ages, since last friday a few of my friends have averaged 108 - 157 kps speed. Utter crap. While I been meaning to swap mine I havent really been home enough to switch providers yet.
Slingshot stooped to a new low when they blamed the school holidays for their absolute shocking service and speed.

I used to think they were great until wots-her-face left.

Blade2
07-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Thought as much, the speed in the Brooklyn area has been ok till just recently. I guess they have signed up more users. I am on Telstra cable it is my GF's connection that is rubbish

Trev
07-10-2007, 02:44 PM

Forgot to say in my previous post, the reason I joined Slingshot was because I have a friend who is with them and has no problems with them, so far.

somebody
07-10-2007, 03:08 PM
If you're in Brooklyn, why don't you get Telstraclear Cable? As far as I know it's offered up in that area.

feersumendjinn
07-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Wellington's Citylink system having problems (since Sat, 8am, still happening)
http://www.citylink.co.nz/information/status/
May be affecting Brooklyn

limepile
07-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Don't talk to me about Slingsh*t. The ONLY reason I haven't left yet is that we have the 25gig base plan, I don't think they offer that anymore, and topping up is easy. All the other providers threaten to shape bandwidth, with slingsh*t you'd never know 'cos their speeds are so slow all the time anyway !