PDA

View Full Version : Sound not working

21-03-2001, 06:13 PM
Since a couple of days my PC's sound is not working, but the control palnel says the sound card is working fine, although a exclamation mark in a yellow triangle came up next to the sound card for a while. The soundcard was working perfectly before. The sound card is a Aztech 2320 plug 'n' play kind, and my hardware is a Packard Bell Force 133Mhz with 16 megs ram. thanks!

21-03-2001, 07:24 PM
Sound problems can be caused by a variety of things. First things I'd check is to see if the speakers are okay. If possible, plug them into a walkman to make sure they work. Check that they're plugged into the correct port aswell. If that's all OK, go to the control panel, run the 'multimedia' applet and make sure the prefferred device is set to your sound card. Also check that 'show volume control on task bar' is ticked. If so, double-click on the yellow speaker icon beside your clock in the system tray. Check to make sure there are no muted items, or alternatively (depends on your windows version) that all are selected. Check the volume sliders too.
Failing that, remove the card from device manager and restart the computer. It should redetect the card. If still no go, just drop another post here and we'll try something else.

Thanks.

Sebastian Apers