PDA

View Full Version : Alarming noise

aidanmaz
05-10-2007, 01:22 PM
i noticed one of my pcs, if i leave it for a while the screen goes blank, then a little while later two box-like squares appear on the screen with what looks like colored scribble in them, moving the mouse doesn do anything nor striking the keyboard but pressing ctrl+alt+del causes the screen to go black and an alarm sounds, every similar to those car alarms that goes on and on. the power button doesnt respond so to turn it off, it must be unplugged. If i restart it after, it works fine.

Agent_24
05-10-2007, 01:30 PM
a repeating high/low sound is a warning some motherboards have to tell you that the CPU is overheating. Check your temp with a monitoring program such as ASTRA32/SpeedFan/Everest and check your CPU fan hasn't fallen off or has died

ronyville
05-10-2007, 03:40 PM
I would agree with Agent_24, sounds like an overheating problem, the first time my old pc overheated and the alarms went on.... oh man, i got a fright.. had no idea what the hell was happening :lol: For a moment i thought there was a cop car outside my windows.. so when i checked the cpu temperature.. its was 72 degrees .. wow.

beeswax34
05-10-2007, 05:45 PM
If you can, open up your case and clear out all the dust and make sure all your funs are working and not stuck!