PDA

View Full Version : M1122 ISP settings

m1122blues
30-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi,

I am using a second hand Nokia M1122 to connect to ihug's broadband for the 1st time. Connection seems to be OK (I can ping ihug's DNS server no probs) but connecting to other websites I get 'waiting for data' messages from Firefox and takes a very long time to download the data. I have been playing with the configuration of the Nokia and suspect I have screwed up the settings. Can someone give me the 'Local Network' settings for the M1122 to use for NZ ISPs?

thanks,

Chris

Speedy Gonzales
30-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Reset it / reconfigure it with the settings, that maybe on the Ihug site.

I think their answerphone, when you call the 0800 # tells you all the settings that are required for BB.

Well it did, when I called them last week to close my Ihug account.

m1122blues
30-09-2007, 05:56 PM
HI Speedy. Thanks for the post. I've already called ihug. Won't help you if you have a brand of modem that they don't sell. I've scoured the web for Nokia settings without luck. Got the admin manual - too techo for me. Have entered ihug's DNS servers into my PC's TCP-IP setup - no luck...

Erayd
30-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Speedy: Resetting that router may not result in usable settings, as it's possible to change what the router thinks are the factory defaults - I have one, and have customised my own defaults to my setup here. Telecom and a few other organisations also used to apply customisations.

m1122blues: The local network settings have nothing to do with the quality of your internet connection. If you can ping things, the settings are fine. The problem is more likely to be your line or your setup. Are all phone devices on your line correctly filtered?

Overall that modem is extremely stable, and will serve you well. It does however appear to conflict with Telecom's network these days - I have never managed to get mine (and several others, in several places) to sync faster than about 2500k - anything else here syncs at around 4500k. The M1122s are easily capable of 7-8MBits/sec, so something's a little suspect there.

m1122blues
30-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks Bletch,

I'll try and find someone in Auckland who can check it out. Can anyone recommend a repair company? (Nokia's phone numbers have been disconnected!)

Speedy Gonzales
30-09-2007, 07:13 PM
You could try these settings ? (http://help.ihug.co.nz/cgi-bin/ihug.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=60)

Erayd
30-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks Bletch,

I'll try and find someone in Auckland who can check it out. Can anyone recommend a repair company? (Nokia's phone numbers have been disconnected!)The nokia is highly unlikely to need repair - as I said, if you can ping things your setup is most likely fine. Have you checked your filter setup? Do you know what else is running on your PC? What speed does the nokia sync at? If you don't feel like checking all these out, or don't know how, I'd recommend getting a tech (or a knowledgable friend, if [and only if!] they know enough not to break things) to come round and take a look at your setup. You can also ask for step-by-step instructions here - we're here to help :D.