PDA

View Full Version : Anyone moved from Actrix to Xnet

Gedc
27-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Guys

Appreciate there are a few threads on here regarding changing ISP's.

I'm currently paying Actrix around $155 per month including ( $10 for tolls as my phone is with telecom) for their best plan - max up and down with 1.4 gb cap per day - around 42gb/month.

As an ISP they have been great, responding to technical queries quickly, great uptime (can't really remember downtime)..blah blah blah..My download speeds are generally around the 3500 to 4000 kbps down and around 350 -500 kpbs up. Overall I have been with them around 24 months and have been very very happy.

Looking at Xnet I can get roughly the same cap and max up and down for $92.96....

The question is how much does/will the service suffer given they are $60 cheaper!!!!!! I'm curious how they can offer pretty much the same service ( on paper) yet only charge 60% compared to competitors...

Any answers, tips or experience greatfully received before I make the switch.

Cheers

Ged

CYaBro
27-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Holy Moly! Do you actually use 42GB a month???!!!

qazwsxokmijn
27-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Why are you surprised? My brother can use up to 80GBs a month himself.

I only use about 6GBs a month. That's on average anyway, I am usually sporadic each month in terms of data usage. At max I could use up to 12GBs a month or so.

Bozo
27-09-2007, 03:19 PM
42GB is peanuts.
When on an unlimited broadband plan, I was averaging 30+GB per week.
Oh how I miss unlimited, now I only have 15GB per month! *sob*

CYaBro
27-09-2007, 03:58 PM
I sometimes use 30-35GB per month so I know it can happen but usually average about 25GB and I think that's a lot! And my connection is used for home and business so it is doing a lot.

Sherman
27-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Guys

Looking at Xnet I can get roughly the same cap and max up and down for $92.96....

The question is how much does/will the service suffer given they are $60 cheaper!!!!!! I'm curious how they can offer pretty much the same service ( on paper) yet only charge 60% compared to competitors...

Any answers, tips or experience greatfully received before I make the switch.

Cheers

Ged

Xnet? Service? SUFFER????????

What on EARTH are you talking about????

Seriously, while I've never used Actrix, I imagine that Xnet's service is comparible to Actrix's service.
I have not found anything to complain about them.
They usually manage to answer the phone within 10s.
My speeds have been decent. They have enough international bandwidth to go around to all their customers.
And I like their pricing/billing system.
Billing is done to the calendar month. You get charged at 0.1c/MB, so you only get charged for what you use. This means that you could be charged as little as $49.95 if you use no internet in the calendar month.
I will also mention the Xnet desktop usage monitor, and/or firefox plugin. The desktop monitor installs an icon in the system tray, and tells you how much data you have used, and seems to be real time. The firefox plugin does the same thing, only in firefox.

Digby
27-09-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm with Actrix, but on a much lower level plan.

I am happy with their service, I just wish more people knew about them so when I tell them my email address, I don't have to spell it ten times !

I also like their daily cap system rather than a monthly one ! I don't think I could handle a monthly one ! I would probably not be able to sue the net for 2 weeks !

Regards

Digby

braindead
27-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Heads up for XNet - may they live long, avoid Xtra-spawned toxic greed, and prosper.