PDA

View Full Version : Goodison

Goodison
26-09-2007, 09:41 AM
I have suddenly started to have problems with 'A Pop-Up Window was Blocked' in circumstances where I dont want it blocked and it had never previously been a problem. One example being when searching for a phone nbr in the Yellow Pages.

- I have tried adding addresses to 'Exceptions'.
- I have tried 'Low Settings' allowing pop-ups from secure sights.
- I have tried turning off Pop-Up Blocker altogether.

But none of these actions has resolved the problem.
Any suggestions please?

FoxyMX
26-09-2007, 11:45 AM
More details required. What internet browser are you using? Version of Windows? What is the name of the pop-up blocker you are using?

beeswax34
26-09-2007, 05:18 PM
And why is it an issue? All you have to do is right-click on the bar that appears and select "allow pop-ups from this site" permanently or temporarily. Atleast for IE7 I think.

Goodison
27-09-2007, 01:00 PM
More details required. What internet browser are you using? Version of Windows? What is the name of the pop-up blocker you are using?

Sorry! Win XP Media Centre Edition Version 2002 Service Pack2.
Not sure if my pop-up blocker is part of the above or part of Norton 360 which is also installed.

wainuitech
27-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Try looking at the setting in Norton 360 - Its more than likely the problem Nortons software works overtime sometimes, as in blocks lots of things its not meant to.
To get things working you have to disble parts of the software sometimes - not much point in having it if you have to turn off functions.

Don't be at all surprised if you recieve comments saying Dump Nortons - it can cause LOTS of problems.

See My Post (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=83192) About what happened whenI tried to take out Norton 360 From a customers PC lately.

wratterus
27-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Dump Nortons - it can cause LOTS of problems.

george12
27-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Dump Nortons - it can cause LOTS of problems.

Seconded

beeswax34
27-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Get Avast Home AV and Comodo firewall, both of which are free and well updates and supported.

linw
27-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Before choosing an AV prog, read the latest PCAuthority mag. They test AV progs in this issue. I don't think you would choose Avast after reading this.