PDA

View Full Version : Ergo 520 Mouse problem

Techmatic
20-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Just recently my Genius Ergo 520 mouse has encountered a major issue. For some reason which I cannot determine every time I click on a location on the screen the mouse clicks once like normal then, without any input from me immediately clicks and holds down from that point.

An example of this would be on the desktop. I click on an empty space and then move the pointer, a drag box is created which originates at the point I clicked.

Any help on this would be great.

I am using Windows XP if that helps at all.

wainuitech
20-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Looks like ClickLock is engaged.

Go to the control panel, open the mouse look for something like "Activites", some place there will be click lock, make sure its not ticked.

Sorry if that all seems a bit "iffy" I dont know the settings for the Genius Ergo 520.

Techmatic
20-09-2007, 12:00 PM
ClickLock isnt on, I even tried using the basic hp mouse with the computer at the same time, the hp mouse is fine, but using the ergo only the problem occurs.

wainuitech
20-09-2007, 12:56 PM
ClickLock isnt on, I even tried using the basic hp mouse with the computer at the same time, the hp mouse is fine, but using the ergo only the problem occurs.

Have you installed the right drivers for the mouse, because even though you say clicklock is not on, thats the exact function it does as you described it.

Try single clicking on any icon, hold for a couple of seconds let the button go and see if will move it to another location while you dont have the left button held.

You haven't changed the mouse to single slick have you ? that may cause it.

Techmatic
20-09-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm using the exact same drivers as I have been for the last few months and nothing like this has occured prior to now, I dont believe single click is on either, this change happened spontaneously.

Perhaps I should jsut go get a new mouse...

mejobloggs
20-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Tried it on another pc?

wainuitech
20-09-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm using the exact same drivers as I have been for the last few months and nothing like this has occured prior to now, I dont believe single click is on either, this change happened spontaneously.

Perhaps I should jsut go get a new mouse...

Could also be a sticking Left Mouse Button.