PDA

View Full Version : Trademe bans iphone auctions

intel hunter
19-09-2007, 01:44 PM
See here. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10464614

Hmmm apparently people will have to wait till they are available here.

wratterus
19-09-2007, 02:13 PM
:p

Oh NO!!! What a terrible tragedy!! We are all gonna have to wait!! Noooo....I want to to rush out and buy one NOW!! But I cant!!!! I am truly heart broken! What a catastrophe!

Cheers for the heads up! :D

bob_doe_nz
19-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Yet you can still scalp tickets to audio and sporting gigs for an overinflated price on Trademe.

Deane F
19-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Yet you can still scalp tickets to audio and sporting gigs for an overinflated price on Trademe.

That's a good point. Trademe claim that they are just providing a marketplace and ought not to have to "police" it. Why have they chosen to police the sale of iPhones?

(Maybe Trademe is concerned that the thing doesn't have buttons or a user-replaceable batteries....:illogical )

plod
19-09-2007, 03:46 PM
there are also a lot of other products that have never been officially released in this country that are still sold on trade me.
Shouldn't it be a case of buyer beware?

beeswax34
19-09-2007, 04:04 PM
For $1700, you can get one from Parallel Importers atleast here in Auckland.

JJJJJ
19-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Bloody good job. All cell phones should be banned.

winmacguy
19-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Apparently sellmefree is quite happy to let people bid for iPhones.

bob_doe_nz
19-09-2007, 04:35 PM
For $1700, you can get one from Parallel Importers atleast here in Auckland.

Just don't expect any after sales service from them:yuck:

--Wolf--
19-09-2007, 04:36 PM
I bet they'll be dumb enough to ban the Touch when it is released here, thinking "It looks similar...it has no buttons...and what's that? An Apple logo? Only one thing for it"...

This listing has been removed by an administrator.

Ninjabear
19-09-2007, 04:56 PM
You can try selling on zillion.They are alot better than trademe

--Wolf--
19-09-2007, 05:01 PM

Opinion.

TradeMe > all

Another opinion.

rogerp
19-09-2007, 06:47 PM

How are they better. I have never been able to sell anything on zillion, and hardly anyone uses it. Theres not much to buy either. Trademe has all the users, so is the better one. Maybe zillion has some better features, but that means nothing, if they don't get any visitors. Maybe they should advertise.

SKT174
19-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Wonder if I can auction a Toilet Roll for $1700 which comes with a FREE iPhone ...

winmacguy
19-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Wonder if I can auction a Toilet Roll for $1700 which comes with a FREE iPhone ...

If you can auction a handbag I am sure you can auction a toilet roll, you could probably auction a Zune but I doubt you would get any takers.:D

rogerp
19-09-2007, 10:36 PM
I am pretty sure that apple would have contacted them to have them removed, as company as big as apple would be able to write some pretty scarey legal letters to smaller companies.

plod
19-09-2007, 10:44 PM
I am pretty sure that apple would have contacted them to have them removed, as company as big as apple would be able to write some pretty scarey legal letters to smaller companies.

Trade me isn't the small company it use to be. Now owned by Fairfax, I bet there lawyers are as tough as apples

winmacguy
19-09-2007, 11:10 PM

About the only time Apple legal contacts people with Cease and desist notices is when they post images of up and coming products prior to Steve releasing them at Apple media events.

Shortcircuit
19-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Yeah but- I thought that "Apple have said they did not contact any auction sites to ban sales of imported phones..." sounds a bit defensive to me.

The league tickets were sold to the original purchasers with the proviso that they could be void if resold.

The iPhone has no restrictions on sale apart from the fact that Apple have done their damnest to lock it down to certain carriers. If it can be hacked to work in NZ and sold again what's the problem?

Oh, and who would pay Parallel Importers well over the odds for an iPhone when they have such bad after sales service. It's a good bet that the NZ Apple repair agents would not even touch a faulty iPhone purchased from them.

winmacguy
19-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Yeah but- I thought that "Apple have said they did not contact any auction sites to ban sales of imported phones..." sounds a bit defensive to me.

That is more than the usual uncontactable Apple says.
I am sure that we haven't seen the last of the iPhone hacks or Apple's updates to nullify the hacks.

Greg
20-09-2007, 12:44 AM
as tough as applesApples aren't tough. I eat one for breakfast almost every day.