PDA

View Full Version : HALO

Hitech
19-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi this is probably a stupid question as im not to clued up on military gear,Im currently on the last level of the first version of Halo im at the MAW stage where i have to go to the third floor and activate a fusion reactor.

When i push X on the controller this massive box type thing comes out from down below me on the floor is that the fusion reactor i don't know what the bloody thing looks like but anyway im told to throw a grenade or use a rocket launcher straight at it but everytime i do nothing happens and i always get fried by the sentinels above and end up going back to the previous place where the level starts me off with a room full of ammo.

Can anybody help me please im getting very frustrated having to do the same part over and over and over and over again i want to finish the game and be done with it.

SolMiester
19-09-2007, 12:44 PM
lol, so much for game enjoyment.....

Deane F
19-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Google this:

"HALO walkthrough"

Google returns this kind of result so much faster than internet forums....

Trev
19-09-2007, 02:13 PM
From memory after you have thrown the grenade you rush out a corridor and you find some jeeps and you grab one and drive it back to your ship before the reactor blows up. You have something like 3 mins to do it.
:)

beeswax34
19-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Ah my favourite game. What you need to do is jump on the beams themselves once you reach the top level and get to the otherside (LOAD UP on Ammo!!!)

Then you need to actually make your way to the control switches, open the reactor grilles? and then find a nice spot to lob a few grenades or rocket launcher into it. There will be arrows telling you where to fire the rockets and how far it is. (Shoot Guilty spark while you're at it:lol:)

Trev, for the last level I think its closer to 8-10mins

Hitech
19-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Ive tried this method cause this is as far as i get and the bloody sentinels fry me while im trying to get into position to throw a grenade or rocket launcher.
Trouble is the fusion reactor is so dam slow at opening and you get killed very quickly while waiting for it to open.

beeswax34
19-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Ok, then you have to take the sentinels out. Usually, I just let the Flood and the Sentinels fight it out while I keep running like crazy so I dont get shot. You have plenty of ammo in the armoury so take out all the sentinels out.