PDA

View Full Version : insufficient administrator rights

tolla
18-09-2007, 02:59 AM
hi- i just bought a new hp notebook with vista ultimate.
however when i try to install mediaplayer skin or visio the software fail because i do not have enough rights. i also cannot install dekart private disk light because of insufficient rights although i am the administrator and owner of the notebook. please help me. my e-mail is [edit: email address removed]

thanx.............
:help:

[edit: I've removed your email address to prevent spambots harvesting it and selling your address to spammers. Replies will be posted in this thread, not personally emailed to you so just check back here regularly - Jen (Moderator)]

Jen
18-09-2007, 06:13 AM
Hi, and Welcome to PressF1 :)

Depending upon your Vista setup, you can either just hit "OK" on the prompt for the Administrator password without entering in any details or you can enter in your username and password.

Vista handles security differently to XP (and previous MS Windows) and you will be asked for permission to install programs. This helps towards preventing viruses/trojans auto-installing without your knowledge.

Let us know how you get on.

beeswax34
18-09-2007, 01:46 PM
You can right click on the installer and "Run as Administrator" or with "Admin. Rights"

That'll give the UAC a green light to let you install whatever you want.

tolla
18-09-2007, 07:20 PM

Depending upon your Vista setup, you can either just hit "OK" on the prompt for the Administrator password without entering in any details or you can enter in your username and password.

Vista handles security differently to XP (and previous MS Windows) and you will be asked for permission to install programs. This helps towards preventing viruses/trojans auto-installing without your knowledge.

Let us know how you get on.
HI DID THAT BUT IT DIDN'T WORK ASWELL .I CAN INSTALL PRIVATE DISK LIGHT BUT CANNOT RUN THE APPLICATION. THE PROBLRM WITH MEDIA PLAYER IS STILL NOT FIXED.

tolla
19-09-2007, 03:57 AM

Let us know how you get on. i did what you have proposed but the vista is still not doing what it is suposed to do. i can install the software of private disk light but i can not run the app. still the same message.