PDA

View Full Version : Silverlight + Tafiti= My new home page

mabix
16-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Anyone who has taken a trip to Microsoft's revamped webstie will have seen silverlight- but what can you do with it?

A 3D Search engine has taken over my google home page- this cant be described with words

www.tafiti.com

Sweep
16-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Anyone who has taken a trip to Microsoft's revamped webstie will have seen silverlight- but what can you do with it?

A 3D Search engine has taken over my google home page- this cant be described with words

www.tafiti.com

Well I am not going to do anything with it.

The O/S I use is not supported. WinXP Pro x64 edition.

What is a webstie?

The 3D search is a different problem.

Sweep
16-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the spam.

plod
16-09-2007, 07:45 PM
looked good until you want to sign up, you need a ms passport or something

mabix
16-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the spam.

Mmhm. so then have you checked out Microsoft Silverlight

Sweep
16-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Mmhm. so then have you checked out Microsoft Silverlight

Yes. And no thanks.

And you want to know what to do with it?

"Anyone who has taken a trip to Microsoft's revamped webstie will have seen silverlight- but what can you do with it?"

I will use just two words, neither of which contain four letters.

[edited]

You did post your web site after all. I suppose a webstie is your version of a website.

Jen
16-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the spam.Sigh.

Did you look at the website? Did you read or search about Silverlight? No.

Before you start leaping in accusing people of spamming by posting such comments, perhaps you ought to or just report the post and say nothing; let the Mods decide.

I can't see the Silverlight front-end search engine on http://www.tafiti.com/, but I guess once you have installed the product from Microsoft you can. I even see Microsoft are going cross-platform with support. :eek:

plod
16-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Sigh.

Did you look at the website? Did you read or search about Silverlight? No.

Before you start leaping in accusing people of spamming by posting such comments, perhaps you ought to or just report the post and say nothing; let the Mods decide.

I can't see the Silverlight front-end search engine on http://www.tafiti.com/, but I guess once you have installed the product from Microsoft you can. I even see Microsoft are going cross-platform with support. :eek:

cross-platform, did you not see the bit where they left linux out:groan:

Jen
16-09-2007, 08:33 PM
cross-platform, did you not see the bit where they left linux out:groan:The latest news release states they are working on supporting Linux. See here (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/sep07/09-04SilverlightPR.mspx)

sal
16-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Jen: I think Sweep was not calling it spam in a traditional sense.

mabix: a little too novel for my liking, I'm sticking with iGoogle (which I loathed when it was launched but came to love over about:blank). And yeah plod, a little too quick on the "we get left out" whistle.

Sweep
16-09-2007, 09:10 PM
The latest news release states they are working on supporting Linux. See here (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/sep07/09-04SilverlightPR.mspx)

Bye Jen and all.

Hopefully I will be forever banned.

plod
16-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Jen: I think Sweep was not calling it spam in a traditional sense.

mabix: a little too novel for my liking, I'm sticking with iGoogle (which I loathed when it was launched but came to love over about:blank). And yeah plod, a little too quick on the "we get left out" whistle.

I was only reading what was on the original link. Not that I think you would be missing out on much

Agent_24
17-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Oh cool. a search engine that looks like a piece of paper and is really damn annoying to use.

Aren't computers meant to be about NOT using paper? google pwns that tafiti thing.

wratterus
17-09-2007, 11:40 AM

W T F ???? Silverlight....yay....what about it? Google totally kicks arse compared to that.

beeswax34
17-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Popfly is awesome. You guys should try it sometime.