PDA

View Full Version : Two mouses by Eleana Fardgen!

Adrain
16-09-2007, 06:17 AM
Sorry about that! A humorous family in joke there! Thought it may catch your eye!!! :D
Question: Can I have two mouses attached at the same time?
FYI: I use a wireless mouse as I get fed up with a wired mouses 'tail'. It's great! But when I use the mouse continuously for a while, obviously the batteries get low. So I wondered if it's possible to use a wired cable just whilst the wireless mouse is re-charging in it's cradle!
Cheers,
Adrain

pctek
16-09-2007, 07:24 AM
No.
One mouse at a time.
Why not just have another set of batteries on charge waiting?

jwil1
16-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Yes you can.

Just make sure they are both connected via USB and NOT PS2.

Jen
16-09-2007, 08:20 AM
I just plugged in a PS/2 mouse while currently using a wireless USB mouse it works fine so far switching between the two... :nerd:

wainuitech
16-09-2007, 10:26 AM
It's great! But when I use the mouse continuously for a while, obviously the batteries get low.

Are you sure the batteries are charging correctly? To flatten a mouse battery takes a while, I've seen people go for days using it continuously with out going flat?
If the mouse is put back in the cradle when finished for the day it should recharge, unless yours doesn't have that function, and have to actually replace batteries when going flat/low.

chiefnz
16-09-2007, 10:55 AM
FYI: I use a wireless mouse as I get fed up with a wired mouses 'tail'. It's great! But when I use the mouse continuously for a while, obviously the batteries get low. So I wondered if it's possible to use a wired cable just whilst the wireless mouse is re-charging in it's cradle!
Cheers,
Adrain

You must be using crap batteries!!! I've a got a MS wireless mouse and keyboard here, going on nearly a year and I still haven't had to change the batteries.

Just my :2cents:

Adrain
16-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Just popped back for something and answers already! Cricky!! Right!

So only one mouse at a time, a, pctek? As for extra batteries charging 'in the background', the cradle does not support 'extra' batteries charging! So I guess I'd need to get a battery charger as well. Not keen on another bit of 'clutter' on the desk. May just replace these and charge in the dock overnight!

Er!?!?? Two USB mouses ok! Funnily enough, jwil1, I was looking at a basic, cheep USB mouse this morning. The wireless is a USB, so..... maybe I'll pop in to the shop as I'm passing it!

I bow to your 'usage', Jen the Moderator! ;) I think it's going to get bought!

I must admit I think they are, wainuitech. I have had the mouse a while now, a couple of years maybe, and I haven't had many problems, well any really, with it until now. It recharges through the USB, and a little light comes on to show it is recharging. Even with the computer off! (??) But perhaps a change of rechargeable batteries is needed! Good call!

I must admit I hadn't thought about changing the batteries, chiefnz, until wainuitech mentioned it (above). I haven't actually changed the batteries at all in all that time, so I think that must be it. Poor old mouse getting a little tired I guess!

Many thanks all, I think I have my answer. :D

Cheers,
Adrain

beeswax34
16-09-2007, 03:11 PM
I do that. My family prefers using the MS wireless mouse (USB) and I just use the wired one (PS2). Works a treat

pctek
16-09-2007, 03:16 PM
I just plugged in a PS/2 mouse while currently using a wireless USB mouse it works fine so far switching between the two... :nerd:

Well.................can't say I ever actually tried it. I assumed Windows wouldn't like it.

Wrong huh.

As for batteries lasting ages, depends how much use you give it I guess, gaming for instance.....a lot.............would munch through it quicker.

Metla
16-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Netter late then never...

...I always have 2 plugged into my PC, well, the one that runs the TV in the lounge anyway, My wireless I dont really like so only use it when Im sitting in a different chair.(PC is not in the same room as the TV)

Apart from that, My batteries lasted about 4 months.....

Adrain
16-09-2007, 08:37 PM
More replies, thank you!

I'm just using my second wired mouse now, beeswax34. It seems to be working fine!

Well I've learnt something here as well, a, pctek? I must admit, I was getting to the stage where I would most likely just have done it and felt the consequences if it had all gone 'pear shaped'! I guess my thread on this forum would then have been:
"Er, being an ideot, I've just tried two mouses at the same time and my computer has done 'something'! How do I fix it please?"
But all in all, the Forum people came through yet again! And yes, the batteries again. Being a modest user (not always playing games) perhaps that's why they've lasted so long?? No that wasn't another thread! :D

Metla! That sounds like my sort of set up. I'm starting to look at getting a projector so I can watch films, games etc. on the wall, but just use the 19" monitor for everything else! Just saving the 'pennies'! Should be about 2083 by the time I get one and the I guess it will be a virtual 3D projector (I hope!) by then.

Any way, once again, cheers everyone! Another question answered.
Adrain

Cicero
16-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Where do you live she cried,down adrain,was the curt reply.

Adrain
16-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Er, cheers!
When typing my name in, my big bumble fingers did it all again! Guess I could change it, but then I'd most likely be Adrian14925 or something like that!
Cheers again!

Cicero
16-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Er, cheers!
When typing my name in, my big bumble fingers did it all again! Guess I could change it, but then I'd most likely be Adrian14925 or something like that!
Cheers again!

All very exciting, you will agree.

johcar
16-09-2007, 10:23 PM
You must be using crap batteries!!! I've a got a MS wireless mouse and keyboard here, going on nearly a year and I still haven't had to change the batteries.

Just my :2cents:Same here...

Cicero
16-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Same here...

Und ditto.