PDA

View Full Version : windows mail

kardup
15-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Recently I have had a change occur with my emails. I used to send out a bulk email weekly to about 75 addresses. It went out from a group contacts folder. Now the program refuses to send it out quoting "too many recipients" Help! Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

robbyp
15-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Recently I have had a change occur with my emails. I used to send out a bulk email weekly to about 75 addresses. It went out from a group contacts folder. Now the program refuses to send it out quoting "too many recipients" Help! Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

Your ISP is probably stopping you sending them, as they would have limits on their SMTP server. It is to stop spamming.

wainuitech
15-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Your ISP is probably stopping you sending them, as they would have limits on their SMTP server. It is to stop spamming.

Thats actually the answer - Several businesses I know of have the same problem, they are limited to around 50 at a time, in fact it may even be reduced more. The way around it is to make up several smaller groups.

Its to stop spamming and sometimes the innocent get caught up even though they arent spammers.