PDA

View Full Version : Phillips Flat Screen is very sleepy.

Danger
13-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Hi there I'm having problems with my Phillips Flat Screen Monitor 190S6 going into sleep mode when connected to my Toshiba Satellite Laptop.
It did this for awhile when I had it connected to my PC and it was fixed by replacing the power cord of all things. My PC has since been binned and I have been using the laptop plugged into the monitor on clone mode for about 3 weeks.
Anyway I've now tried 5 different power cords and no change. The monitor does not wake up when I power up the laptop. Sometimes by unplugging and reconnecting the monitor this gets it started, but it usually takes about 6 attempts. Sometimes it goes back into sleep mode after a few seconds. Eventually it powers up and runs fine, and sometimes will just go into sleep mode in the middle of something, or sometimes after not using the computer for a time. The green light flashes on and off.
I've tried different AGP cables.
I've set the resolution to 1024x768 and at 60hz and 32 color. Tried all sorts of settings.
No luck. I've searched and read lots of posts regarding similar issues but nothing has helped. The only thing I have not done and am a little unsure of is going into the bios and tweaking settings. Is this the next step I need to make?
I've just added another 512 ram but that did not help either.

When I plug in my Wifes laptop the screen shows the sign "no video input" but at least the monitor is powering up. So I guess thats just because my Wifes laptop has not been configured for clone mode.
So it does not appear that my laptop or graphics card is quite communicating with the flat screen for some reason.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Greg

beeswax34
13-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Check the power settings to see what it has configured for "Monitors/Screen" Pretty sure I saw a setting on how to control a externally attached monitor.

Turn Off monitor should be set to "Never"

Danger
13-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Yes that is how it is set already.

Danger
14-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Any ideas before I give it the biff?