PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with AirNZ GrabASeat and Macromedia Flash

BillT
05-09-2007, 11:15 AM
When I try to access AirNZ's GrabASeat, I am asked to download Macromedia Flash Player. I believe that I already have it, but went through the download process anyway.
But still GrabASeat wouldn't run!

Checked IE7's 'Manage Add-Ons' and Shockwave Flash ActiveX from Adobe is present and enabled.

Any suggestions how to overcome this impasse?

Thanks,
Bill

P.S. GrabASeat runs OK on my laptop computer.

breakdown conspiracy
05-09-2007, 12:16 PM
Ive always found that Firefox works better with flash aps. Try that, but its just my opinion.

stu161204
05-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Have you tried uninstalling all versions of flash you have installed & try installing it again??

BillT
11-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks Stu and Breakdown your the suggestions.

1. Tried Firefox, but initially got same request to download Macromedia Flash Player.
So removed Flash Player from the list of installed software, as Stu suggested.

Then clicked on the download link in Firefox's version of GrabASeat and got a version of Flash that seemed to be for Firefox and others, but not IE7!!
Then Firefox got thru to GrabASeat OK. Great, so far!

2. Back to IE7, but it still wouldn't get past the request to download Macromedia Flash Player.
So, went though the Remove process again and then did the download via the IE7 GrabASeat page. Still no joy with IE7 and GrabASeat. Bugger!!!!!
----------

So, at least I can get to GrabASeat via Firefox, thanks Stu.
BUT - still find the behavoiur of IE7 to be quite weird and somewhat disturbing. What is so different about my system to thousands of others that are presumably working OK thru IE7 to GrabASeat??

Anyhow, thanks again folks.
Regards,
Bill

stu161204
11-09-2007, 02:02 PM
In IE 7.0 try this url:
http://flightbookings.airnewzealand.co.nz/vgrabview/ & see if it will work for you now.

BillT
11-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the further suggestion, Stu, but I had tried that previously.

However, I am pleased to be able to report that after a few more hours at the keyboard I finally have GrabASeat working in both IE7 and Firefox.

In summary, I went to Adobe's web site and obtained their uninstaller and ran it. I then downloaded and installed their latest version of Flash. IE7 was OK, but Firefox now failed!!

So I re-ran the Firefox Flash installer.

Now, finally, both IE7 and Firefox seem to be OK - at least I can get GrabASeat in either browser.

If you look at Adobe's site (and others) it appears that many, many people are/were having trouble with installing Flash.

Thanks again Stu, Breakdown and anybody else who thought about this problem.
Regards,
Bill