PDA

View Full Version : Windows Explorer

15-03-2001, 06:57 PM
If you Right-Click the Start button, the context menu offers access to Windows Explorer. I like to use this as it save another desktop icon, and it is quicker to access than the start menu itself. However, it always opens with a focus on the C:\Windows\Start Menu folder which I find very annoying (the Windows folder is expanded and this forces a scrolling exercise) - some people would say 'get a life' but use explorer a lot and this is one of its worst 'features'.

There have been some articles published in PC World regarding configuring Explorer shortcuts, but none help with this. I have searched Registry and feel the answer is there somewhere - can anyone help. I am sure other users would be keen to know the answer to this riddle.

Many thanks.

15-03-2001, 07:10 PM
Hi Rowan

I have an Explorer shortcut on my task bar, but find it opens quicker and with all trees unexpanded (tidier) simply by pressing the 'Windows' key and E.

Matt

16-03-2001, 12:23 AM
The easiest way is click start>Programs>Accessories - right click Explorer, and hold down the right mouse button drag it onto the start key and release. When you click the start key in future you will see the explorer icon off the start menu. You can do this with any folder you access regularly

19-03-2001, 03:28 AM
yes you are correct it is indeed a registry twiddle.

19-03-2001, 03:28 AM
yes you are correct it is indeed a registry twiddle.

19-03-2001, 08:35 AM
Thanks Shane, I thought it probably was. Any ideas what it might be? I'm pretty sure I've seen reference to it somewhere but can't remember where it was.

Thanks.