PDA

View Full Version : Xtra Email delays: "deemed delivered"?

Billy T
03-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi Team

I tossed up whether this was a PF1 or Chat issue, but since it is technology based and potentially relates to the recent/current Xtra problems I decided PF1 was the appropriate forum.

Short and sweet:

In response to an emailed request, last week I emailed a formal letter to a client offering a solution to an account payment issue (they owe me) and gave them a week to respond. It apparently went through OK but today I got a call asking where it was.

I have sent it again but since in appropriate circumstances snail mail is "deemed to have been delivered" in order to overcome some people saying they didn't get certain messages they would rather not have seen, I am wondering if the same conditions can be applied to email.

The client may well reply within the original 7 day deadline, but I just want to be primed in case they play silly buggers on me. AFAIK I have been totally unaffected by the Xtra problem with all email accounts operating normally. My business email goes via Orcon anyway, but I don't know who hosts theirs.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :confused:

beama
03-09-2007, 12:25 PM
some network admins block this but worth a try

tick the options in your email client "Confirm readin or delivery"

heaton
03-09-2007, 12:30 PM
This e-mail cockup is affecting my mail which is to say the least very erratic. Some mail is getting through and some is not. Cannot get hold of Xtra without waiting an hour on the phone. Anybody else having e-mail problems ?

paulw
03-09-2007, 01:03 PM
This e-mail cockup is affecting my mail which is to say the least very erratic. Some mail is getting through and some is not. Cannot get hold of Xtra without waiting an hour on the phone. Anybody else having e-mail problems ?

I'm on Orcon, no problems at all. You should fone them and sign up. I ditched Xtra years ago..

PENTIUM
03-09-2007, 06:57 PM
I use 6146B tubes in my transceiver. Do you have them available, or are they just deemed to exist?

Billy T
04-09-2007, 03:05 PM
I use 6146B tubes in my transceiver. Do you have them available, or are they just deemed to exist?
How many do you want, or should I deem that neither you nor your transceiver exist?

Maybe a QE05/40 could be deemed to have been delivered?

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :stare:

andrew93
04-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Billy
Why don't you ring and check they got your e-mail? Or e-mail them to confirm they received your earlier e-mail.
Andrew

Sweep
04-09-2007, 06:17 PM
How many do you want, or should I deem that neither you nor your transceiver exist?

Maybe a QE05/40 could be deemed to have been delivered?

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :stare:

To get this back. :-)

You could request a read receipt for Emails but some people do not send these back to you for obvious reasons.

If it is extremely important in a financial manner then I suggest you have a look at this:-
http://www.msgtag.com/

I remember a mate having such an application but it is some years now and I was able to circumvent it.

Some years ago as well we used to use Registered Post. Like a Courier today we had to sign for such items sent by Post.

Court Summonses were very often delivered by hand.
Been there done that.

The whole thing is proof of delivery.

For me I would put my demand on paper. Make an exact copy for yourself and lawyer. Enclose in envelope. Stamp the envelope. Feel free to use rubber stamps with ink pads.
Carry a clipboard so you look official. The clipboard should already be primed with an A4 sheet in table layout with a number of false names & addresses and with the one correct name and address. Get the Family and friends to make signatures unless you are able to change your handwriting.

Then you knock on his/her door assuming you know where he/she lives. This is the difficult part. I take it that you have already met the person whom owes. Not sure about that.

Get a friend to deliver the demand possibly. You can disguise the demand but you need proof of delivery.

Email is not proof as the person may say that one or more children were using my computer and I never saw your demand in my life.