PDA

View Full Version : Not getting ALL my emails from XTRA

ephesus
22-08-2007, 12:36 PM
I am not receiving all my emails from xtra (outlook). No problems with normal emails but those that were subscriptions to news alert etc is not getting through to me. Is anyone having the same problem? Just wondering if xtra is blocking them as SPAM since the change over.

R.M.
22-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Yes - last night I found about 6 emails that are important to me stuck in the junk box :mad:

So it is worth checking!

ephesus
22-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Yes - last night I found about 6 emails that are important to me stuck in the junk box :mad:

So it is worth checking!
Not in my junk box either...have been on the phone for the last hour trying to get hold of extra help.

PaulD
22-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Are these emails from a particular source? Probably all mail from there will be having the same problem. Get the webmaster to complain to Yahoo/Xtra.

When I had it switched on I had problems with email from this forum getting through to an @yahoo.com mail box. Some would be regarded a spam, some would just never get through.

ephesus
22-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Have emailed one webmaster. There are several sources for these emails, sharechat.co.nz which I should be getting regular news update has not come thru for the last 3 days. The problem is I don't know if I am missing any important emails from other sources. My GP emailed me a report on Monday which I have yet to receive. This is driving me nuts. I am still on the phone waiting for extra help desk..its been over an hour now.

Tony.br
22-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Just had a friend spend hours on the help with xtra

Seems that thay are having major problems since this stupid changover

He was advised to go into his webmail and there were all the blooked messages in a spam folder

He was than able to makr any he wanted to receive and they were sent to his normal OE mailbox

Look into it

ephesus
22-08-2007, 05:13 PM
I do not use webmail and don't intend to. So how do I unblock them? Have been waiting on the phone for over an hour and got cut off evenutally because xtra help desk is too busy. Same old story. Compensation for my time..yeah right!

PaulD
22-08-2007, 05:29 PM
I do not use webmail and don't intend to. So how do I unblock them?

Without accessing webmail you probably don't.

Even if you don't normally use webmail the webmail interface is where you configure the ISP end of your email.

You can also create new email addresses, disposable addresses or for the grumpy among us even block specific addresses from emailing.

PENTIUM
22-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Just found almost all my email messages since last week kindly placed in the spam box. Could not find this out until I had signed my life away. Also told to forget using Thunderbird and/ or Firefox as they are no longer supported.
I have been tutoring the web for ten years and am not impressed. Apparently there are thousands of others also disenchanted, but Telecom/Xtra are in denial mode.

R.M.
22-08-2007, 07:33 PM
My cat (see Atavar) has just torn up and munched a large part of the Telecom newsletter about the Xtra Bubble thing! I stood by and encouraged him! :)

Sweep
22-08-2007, 09:35 PM
My cat (see Atavar) has just torn up and munched a large part of the Telecom newsletter about the Xtra Bubble thing! I stood by and encouraged him! :)

Gee R.M. Where can I get a cat like your one? My cat, (see avatar) has been known to chew my Telecom bill. Most of the time it just sits about looking pretty though.

With a cat like yours, hopefully, I could train it to send off unwanted door knockers like the IRS, raffle sellers, people selling their version of a supreme being and etc.

Maybe I could even train the cat to send off people who "knock Windows" as opposed to "on Doors".

Certainly looks like a cat with attitude!

PaulD
22-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Also told to forget using Thunderbird and/ or Firefox as they are no longer supported.
I have been tutoring the web for ten years and am not impressed.

I know that Firefox works. If you've got Tbird you sound like just the person to prove them wrong. They can't even support their own equipment :groan:

ephesus
23-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Finally and very reluctantly signed up to bubble - signing my life away and also had to endure yahoobubble installing unwanted programs on my comp. Hundreds of spam in the spam folder and also many of my genuine emails were sent there by bubble. Shame on you xtra. Your customers spent hours fixing what was working well before and NO COMPENSATION.

Shall we say $15/hr for 72 hours.

jcr1
23-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Could not find this out until I had signed my life away. Also told to forget using Thunderbird and/ or Firefox as they are no longer supported.
I have been tutoring the web for ten years and am not impressed. Apparently there are thousands of others also disenchanted, but Telecom/Xtra are in denial mode.
Really:horrified My neighbour, who is having the same trouble as a lot of us (I got mine working now- but for how long????) asked me to help, she uses incredimail:waughh: So I said I'd install Thunderbird for her this morning (thought I might talk her into using Firefox as well).
Well, telecom have really, really done it now....