PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express,not receiving mail.

Cicero
21-08-2007, 09:08 PM
For some reason I am not receiving mail via O/E,all settings look good and am receiving all other mail Yahoo and gmail etc.
Have done a system restore but to no avail.

Safari
21-08-2007, 09:13 PM
You are not with Xtra are you.
What AV are you using.

Cicero
21-08-2007, 09:27 PM
No indeed,I am with Clear and am using Nod32.

Safari
21-08-2007, 09:30 PM
And the error message is?

Cicero
21-08-2007, 09:35 PM
And the error message is?
Sorry was about to post that all I get is no new messages.
This all started with my dynalink RTA 1335 modem dropping net when warm,have fixed that and checked all settings.

I have sent mail to myself but only get NNM.

Safari
21-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Are you sure you actually sent the test message, is it showing in your sent items
Check in webmail to see if it is there but I doubt if it is if you get NNM
Might be some sort of delay with the clear servers.

Cicero
21-08-2007, 10:01 PM
I had indeed sent mail,was in sent box,have since sent more via Gmail web mail and Yahoo,all arrived in web mail but the usual NNM in O/E.

Haw can that be?

Safari
21-08-2007, 10:06 PM
It means there are no new messages for you to download.
When you say they arrived in web mail, I assume you don't mean Clear web mail.
Clear might be having delivery delays.

Cicero
21-08-2007, 10:11 PM
It means there are no new messages for you to download.
When you say they arrived in web mail, I assume you don't mean Clear web mail.
Clear might be having delivery delays.
I mean Clear web mail.
If I have sent mail then it must be there somewhere,also lots from here today not arrived.,I am talking no mail in, for 6 hours.

Safari
21-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Can you confirm that right now when you go into Clear web mail there are messages showing there that you haven't or can't download into OE

You are clicking on send/receive in OE aren't you and when you do that it gives NNM and does not give any error message or error number - correct.

Cicero
21-08-2007, 10:26 PM
I can confirm that I have sent mail to my Clear address and it has arrived at Clear web mail but no in O/E,if I click on send and receive then I get NNM and no error message.

Safari
21-08-2007, 10:29 PM
It may have arrived in web mail but is it still there in web mail right now when you get the NNM in OE

Cicero
21-08-2007, 10:35 PM
It may have arrived in web mail but is it still there in web mail right now when you get the NNM in OE

It has taken a while to sort modem out,it needed a firmware update,or so they said,yet to see if dropped again tomorrow.

Will close down for night and see what happens on the morrow,in the meantime thanks a lot Saf,as always good to know you are there to sort me out.

Safari
21-08-2007, 10:42 PM
If you have OE set to leave mail on server they will show there even if you have downloaded then to OE

Have never seen OE say NNM when it has logged into the pop server and there are new messages to download.

Make sure OE is set to show all messages in your Inbox
Go to View/Current View and make sure Show all messages is selected
Also check there that Group by conversion is not selected.

Cicero
22-08-2007, 08:41 AM
All I can say Saf is that this morning I am receiving emails in O/E,I haven't touched a thing since we last spoke.

Which as you suggested must have been something to do with Clear.