PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had probs with a Leadtek/Winfast Deluxe tuner

Speedy Gonzales
17-08-2007, 10:04 AM
I've asked this ? before.

But, I've just noticed, that the PVR program this tuner uses (the program you can get for this and other Leadtek tuners), doesnt work with this tuner.

The PVR program cant find its drivers (even tho theyre installed).

Altho, everytime I install the drivers (for this Deluxe tuner), it says it may make the system unstable. Even tho theyre the right drivers.

The funny thing is, Powercinema detected this tuner and it did work in Powercinema.

And this tuner also works with the file (amcap270_tw.exe) which is a 68kb video capture file, that came with the last version of the drivers for this tuner?

I have read on Google that a few people did have probs with the drivers having the wrong address, or putting the wrong stuff in the registry or something. BUT, most of these were pretty old.

BUT, I cant figure out why the main program this tuner is MEANT to work with doesnt detect it or its drivers, but the other 2 programs do?

If the main PVR program cant detect it or its drivers, wouldnt it be dead?

I've also put the Expert tuner in this, which is running a new version of the PVR (PVR2) program.

I can switch between the 2. If I switch to the deluxe, it brings up a signal?

So, If it works when the Expert tuner is installed, why wouldnt it run by itself?

Has anyone had a similar prob, if u have this tuner?

I also tried Media portal, that didnt detect it either.

intel hunter
17-08-2007, 10:27 AM
I've asked this ? before.

But, I've just noticed, that the PVR program this tuner uses (the program you can get for this and other Leadtek tuners), doesnt work with this tuner.

The PVR program cant find its drivers (even tho theyre installed).

Altho, everytime I install the drivers (for this Deluxe tuner), it says it may make the system unstable. Even tho theyre the right drivers.

The funny thing is, Powercinema detected this tuner and it did work in Powercinema.

And this tuner also works with the file (amcap270_tw.exe) which is a 68kb video capture file, that came with the last version of the drivers for this tuner?

I have read on Google that a few people did have probs with the drivers having the wrong address, or putting the wrong stuff in the registry or something. BUT, most of these were pretty old.

BUT, I cant figure out why the main program this tuner is MEANT to work with doesnt detect it or its drivers, but the other 2 programs do?

If the main PVR program cant detect it or its drivers, wouldnt it be dead?

I've also put the Expert tuner in this, which is running a new version of the PVR (PVR2) program.

I can switch between the 2. If I switch to the deluxe, it brings up a signal?

So, If it works when the Expert tuner is installed, why wouldnt it run by itself?

Has anyone had a similar prob, if u have this tuner?

I also tried Media portal, that didnt detect it either.

I don't know if this will help but, I have an Xpert DVD Maker that came with PVR Plus, it doesn't get picked up by Media Portal either. Also I had to wait 4 months to get drivers that worked with Vista, even then I had a devil of a time to get PVR Plus to work in Vista. I searched for ages till I found a solution.

chiefnz
17-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Holy crap Speedy.. I have a TV 2000 XP card. About 2 months ago it stopped working when I started the PVR software. I then tried to install Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows XP Media Centre Edition and neither OS detected the card.

Windows XP wouldn't recognise any of the drivers I tried to install. Eventually, I just removed the card and it's been gathering dust ever since.

I have no idea why it doesn't work anymore, the card is obviously not buggered as Windows detects it fine, just can't get the drivers to go....

Now that you have mentioned it too... I'm thinking maybe there's been a Windows update that has upset the apple cart.... ( just using my... "if there's no logical explanation for it, blame it on Windows" theory)

Haven't Googled it at this stage.

Cheers

Speedy Gonzales
17-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Somehow, I dont think it IS a windows update causing the prob, because.

I reinstalled / did a clean install, with SP2 slipstreamed, installed the mobo drivers,LAN, and sound, then the tuner drivers.

No updates AFTER SP2 had been installed.

This is where this annoying message came up, about making the system unstable if I installed the tuner drivers.

Before now, this message NEVER appeared, the drivers etc used to install without any interruptions / messages. (Exactly what the Expert drivers do).

If OTOH, the message came up, AFTER I had installed an update / or updates (If I had installed the tuner drivers AFTER I installed any updates), that may have been different.

But because of this messge (and since no updates AFTER SP2 were installed), the only thing that I had installed were the tuner drivers.

I would say there's SOMETHING in it (the tuner drivers), or some CODE/ADDRESS that points to maybe something invalid, to make the system think that it doesnt even exist.

And in my case, I thought the tuner was ACTUALLY dead, when it was on the P4P800 mobo. Because, the CPU in it fried, and a few mths later, the LAN died and so did the modem port. (Somehow, I think when the onboard LAN died, the modem did at the same time, theyre most probably linked to each other on the mobo).

BUT the modem didnt die / fry , coz I'm using the modem now.And its fine.

I've been in touch with Leadtek before, about this, they did reply. I sent them an email again today earlier this morning.

chiefnz
17-08-2007, 03:05 PM
And in my case, I thought the tuner was ACTUALLY dead, when it was on the P4P800 mobo. Because, the CPU in it fried, and a few mths later, the LAN died and so did the modem port. (Somehow, I think when the onboard LAN died, the modem did at the same time, theyre most probably linked to each other on the mobo).

Ok... not what I want to hear because I have a P4P800SE mobo here. I say Windows because the tuner was installed and working fine one day then the next day I boot up and XP is asking me to install drivers for my new multimedia device? Tried installing the Tuner drivers... and nada....

It's no big deal right now but I would like to have it up and running again. The tuner is pretty handy to have if we want to record 2 different programs and watch something else.

Keep me posted via pm if you don't mind... I'd like to get this resolved.

Cheers

Speedy Gonzales
17-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Ok... not what I want to hear because I have a P4P800SE mobo here.

Keep me posted via pm if you don't mind... I'd like to get this resolved.

Cheers

lol my P4P800 only died coz the power shorted most of it out (the earth from the power point had come out and electrified the case and the monitor cable etc). Took me a while to figure out why it kept crashing, then I found out why.

And thats what fried 1/2 of the CPU and maybe the tuner. Which I doubt it, since other programs can use / see it.

I'll check out google/yahoo, and see how long it takes for Leadtek to get back to me.

Speedy Gonzales
17-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Ok, just to prove I'm not going mad.

This is from the Expert tuner (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/ad.jpg)

And This is the deluxe (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/sonic.jpg)

As you can see on the bottom of the pic. The latest version of the PVR program, tells you what tuner has been selected.

And as you can see the pic for the deluxe tuner is fine! It just doesnt like being by itself for it to work!

I'm still looking around to see what the prob could be.

dirtbag
17-08-2007, 07:55 PM
With my deluxe I had to manually install multiple drivers(download from site and install drivers for a whole lot of unknown devices), have you done that?

Speedy Gonzales
17-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Sent you a PM Chief regarding this (http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-41268-Winfast-tv2000-xp-deluxe-capture-card.html)

I've dl the file on this site, which still exists.

The prob maybe a corrupt EEPROM on the tuner.

No harm in finding out if it works or kills it. Its not getting detecting it atm anyway!

I'll do it tomorrow morning since it may or may not affect the Expert which is also installed atm. I'll take the Expert out.

I wouldnt try that BTwincap install, I tired that the other week, it crashed my system.

Looks like theres another forum with more fixes (http://www.tv-cards.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?pid=51325)

Speedy Gonzales
18-08-2007, 06:11 AM
Success Chief!

It was indeed a corrupt EEPROM on this. I copied TV2KPROM and DOS4GW to the flash disk. Deleted the Drivers in device manager. Rebooted, changed the boot to the flash disk, typed in tv2kprom. It said Write to EEPROM OK.

I rebooted, XP this time DIDNT ask for the drivers, it installed them straight away.

Checked Winfast Wizard / settings, it shows Winfast TV2000 XP WDM Video Capture. Ran PVR2, and sweet as, there is a signal!

Changed recording to line in, did a test record, video and sound ok!

I downloaded the bigger file from the bottom site and only copied the 2 files to the flash.

Speedy Gonzales
18-08-2007, 06:36 AM
With my deluxe I had to manually install multiple drivers(download from site and install drivers for a whole lot of unknown devices), have you done that?

Theres only 4 files that should be installed, theyre from the Leadtek site.

Speedy Gonzales
18-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Also just noticed the corrupted EEPROM also affected teletext.

Turn it on, it didnt work / go anywhere.

But now the tuner and teletext are fine!

Actually come to think of it, my old tuner I replaced (same tuner), with this had a similar prob.

But was the other way round. XP detected it but it couldnt scan channels, or pick up anything AT ALL after a while.

Anyone know where to get an EPG list from. It looks like PVR2 supports this now.

chiefnz
18-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Cheers Speedy,

will give you advice a go and hopefully I'll get the same result.

Speedy Gonzales
18-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Make sure you do it in pure DOS NOT within windows.

Good luck!