PDA

View Full Version : Help with image editing

wotz
16-08-2007, 10:55 PM
I have an image that I want to decrease the intensity of the colour of - kind of a washed out look that I can use as a background, like a watermark. I have Gimp but can't work it out. Any takers?

Murray P
17-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Gimp in Linux or Windows?

In Linux, Try: Layers > Colours > Hue & Saturation.

I can't find Opacity which is what you really want, but for a watermark it doesn't matter that much because it is a background layer, not in front and looking through.

Last time I did this was in Photoshop.

Scouse
17-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi wotz. Perhaps a little more info might help us help you. For example, if you were putting the watermark in a Word document - very simple.

Greg
17-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Despite my previous comment being deleted by an Admin, I can help. Try adjusting the Contrast. Worst case scenario, if you're desperate you can attach it to an email and I'd be happy to do it for you. PM me if required.

wainuitech
17-08-2007, 11:39 AM
I have an image that I want to decrease the intensity of the colour of - kind of a washed out look that I can use as a background, like a watermark. I have Gimp but can't work it out. Any takers?

Picasa (http://picasa.google.com/) will do most of that + many more actions and its free. Hint: if you try this, work from a copy first, that way if it screws up, you still have the original

wotz
17-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks everyone. I did it at work with photoshop. I couldn't remember the word opacity, but was surprised I didn't come across it in gimp (windows)