PDA

View Full Version : wireless networking

aidanmaz
16-08-2007, 08:23 PM
i currently live with my parents (as most teens do) and i thought for sudy purposes id build a new domain for our home. I have a wireless 54mb Netgear wgr614v6 router. My parents dont want any more computer junk in the lounge or anywhere they are, so i thought i would put the domain controller in my room. (since i sleep with that computer on anyway) Now only issue is the router and such is in th family room and i am not allowed to move the pc there nor have any cables, so i said wireless (not great 4 the dc but oh well) i happened to have a netgear wg111v2 usb wireless spare so i thought i would use that.....i have been unable to do so as there are not drivers that i can. I tried to use the cd supplied as xp and 2003 hav similar drivers....i can install everything but wen i insert the usb device it say there was an error installing. Is there a solution or should i give up?:

wainuitech
16-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Try this page, is it your USB device - Select Version - then Driver download near the bottom left if its the right one Drivers (http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/wg111v2.asp)

tweak'e
16-08-2007, 10:12 PM
lol. just been bashing my head installing some netgear wirless setup.

XP needs to be SP2 and it wouldn't work when useing the netgear app. had to use windows wireless setup to run it.

aidanmaz
16-08-2007, 11:21 PM
i can get it to work perfect in XP with or without the netgear config thingy......i generally dont use it

i was looking 4 a server 2003 driver.......haha i doubt il find one tho

bk T
17-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Just configured a Netgear wirelesss the other day and everything was so straight forward, works as expected the very first time - other than I can't find any MAC address filtering in it. OS: XP Pro