PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what this is please?

denisegun
16-08-2007, 06:19 PM
I have a file which has found its way into MY Docs. It reads:
OOo_2.2.1_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_en-US.exe.ren
Any ideas please? It is 108MB
Thank you

Shortcircuit
16-08-2007, 06:24 PM
It's the Java Runtime Environment.

The .ren on the end sounds a bit suspect :(

Or, as expalined in the previous thread where yoy asked... the whole thing is the Open Office installer O-o....exe

It is the .ren bit that doesn't sound right

Myth
16-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Java isn't 108MB. I would say its the Open Office installer :)
Unsure why it ends in .ren though ... maybe a backup or renamed file?

LiquidSolidity
16-08-2007, 07:03 PM
I have a file which has found its way into MY Docs. It reads:
OOo_2.2.1_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_en-US.exe.ren
Any ideas please? It is 108MB
Thank you

As others have already said, it's an Open Office installer. A simple search in Google would have told you this.

Also, you have already asked the same question here, but you may have forgotten :P : http://forums.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?p=582386

denisegun
16-08-2007, 08:09 PM
As others have already said, it's an Open Office installer. A simple search in Google would have told you this.

Also, you have already asked the same question here, but you may have forgotten :P : http://forums.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?p=582386

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am aware I asked this question before, but no-one could explain the .ren part of it. As it was part of another question I thought I would ask again. Didn't know this was not okay.

LiquidSolidity
16-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks for your reply. Yes I am aware I asked this question before, but no-one could explain the .ren part of it. As it was part of another question I thought I would ask again. Didn't know this was not okay.

Not a problem. I didn't mean to come across as rude. I don't think the .ren means anything at all. It's just a program you have downloaded into your My Docs folder. Delete it if you don't need it :)