PDA

View Full Version : Comodo firewall reeeally annoying me

jermsie
15-08-2007, 06:05 PM
I've had Comodo for 3 months or more, and it continually asks for connections for things I tick as "remember."
Things keep popping up every 5-10 seconds at times and its bloody annoying at start up. I've had learn mode on and off to see if it makes a difference.
Constantly comes up for firefox, windows live messenger, and some windows exe's.

Murray P
15-08-2007, 06:27 PM
I get this from time to time too.

Have you looked at the detail of what these things might be that are getting Comodo in a lather?

Perhaps an audit is called for of the apps that wish to connect out and why they want to connect. Yours needs and the apps rationale may not be the same, Comodo may only be trying to alert you to that.

Then again, Comodo may just be being spiteful. (<--- is that real Engrish??)

beama
15-08-2007, 07:07 PM
everytime a exe is updated, ie virus checker updates, microsoft updates or any software update, changes its software signature that the firewall uses to identify what you have maked (previously) as ok to access the interent. In other words its treated as a new application.

My (Comodo) does that all the time. The application it picks up most on my machine is the virus checker after an engine update is recieved.

Agent_24
15-08-2007, 08:51 PM
It also will ask again if the application has been launched by another application, or if 'special messages' have been sent by another program (say one program telling the other to open a website link) and a few other things. this causes the same application to be checked with a popup, as the parameters of its operation have changed..

there is an advanced setting in the comodo firewall config that can turn monitoring off these advanced checks off. That should stop the popups coming up for the same programs seemingly over and over.