PDA

View Full Version : GoLive9 Image maps

Tony
14-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Any Golive 9 users out there? I'm a newbie with GoLive 9 (and not much better with GoLive CS2), and I'm having a real problem with creating a clickable image map. Basically it just doesn't seem to work - in the sense that I go through the motions to create one, but none of the tools become available. The Adobe Forum seems fairly useless, so I thought I would come to fount of all knowledge (I hope!).

I'll elaborate more if anyone responds.

rjvgo
27-09-2007, 08:14 AM
To create an image map

Select an image on your web page.
In the Smart Image or Image Inspector, click the More tab and select the Use Map option. Or, select the Link tool in the Tools panel and select a shape for the hotspot from the Control panel.
Note: By default, GoLive assigns a unique ID to the image map and enters the ID in the Name text box. You can replace this ID by typing a name for the image map in the Name text box on the More tab.
Drag in the image to define the hotspot.
In the Map Area Inspector or in the Control panel, specify a file for the link destination of the selected hotspot.
Use the Target text box to specify the target frame in the destination frame set (if any).
Type additional information in the Title text box. Some browsers use this information to display tooltips or voice annotations.

I have used GoLive for many years and love the software. Let me know if you have any questions or want to see some of my site samples.

Tony
27-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Are you using GoLive 9? It worked OK for me in GoLive CS2, but now I can't click and drag to create the hotspot. I go through all the stuff you posted, but when I try to create the hotspot, I click, but dragging has no effect. All I get is a single small area. I can manually edit the HTML to create the area I need, but that seems to defeat the point of the GoLive WYSIWYG interface. I've not tried it for a while, as I decided to achieve what I wanted another way, (slicing an image and creating an onclick action for each slice).

I think Adobe has basically abandoned GoLive and is putting all it's efforts into Dreamweaver - all the stuff on the website seems to point that way.:groan: