PDA

View Full Version : Packard Bell IMedia M850 Restore Disc/Drivers

dougsnr
12-08-2007, 06:04 PM
My son passed his Packard Bell IMedia M850 onto me without the restore discs.

You can't find this model on the Packard Bell web site. I presume it was a model they made for NZ and ? Australia.

I formatted the disc and now I am having great difficulty finding the right drivers. The motherboard is a GA-8SIML. The Gigabyte web site is helpful, but are a lot of different drivers for the M/B. The Gigabyte site also suggests that some computers makers may have their own group of drivers that are diffrent to the ones they suggest.

Does anyone have a restore disc/drivers disc for this Packard Bell computer?

Would you be willing to copy it for me [costs involved will be reimbursed] to make my life so much easier. Hopefully this request doesn't breach copyright as the drivers are available for download - if only I knew what they were.

Thanks dougsnr

Driftwood
12-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Are you saying, you've formated the HD & have no OS to install?

wainuitech
12-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Here is the download page for that Motherbords drivers

GA-8SIML Drivers (http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=1335)

Select your OS in Audio and Display. Make sure its Not the 64Bit drivers.
As long as you have XP SP2 its Audio=Bottom download, Graphics=Center Download.

Burn them to a CD for installing and future use if required.

If you dont have the Windows Operating system Disc, you can borrow one from a friend, and install using the 25 digit product code thats legally meant to be attached somewhere visable on the case, if its not then thats trouble .
You may have to call MS when activating as it may say its not valid, just tell them what you had to do and they normally are very good.

Using someone elses restore disc -Not legally advisable.

dougsnr
13-08-2007, 05:11 PM
wainuitech

Thanks for your advice.

I had the computer going okay up until Saturday and then I downloaded a display update off the Microsoft Update site. When the computer rebooted it wouldn't kick back into Windows.

Luckily I have two computers, so it is back to number 2 in the meantime.

I had no trouble validating XP Home first time by phoning Microsoft using the 25 digit code attached to the computer.

I will be starting from scratch again, reloading everything and phoning Microsoft. I just thought it would be easier getting the drivers off the restore disc.

Thank you for taking the time to look up the Gigabyte site and directing me to the correct drivers.

Appreciated.

wainuitech
13-08-2007, 05:17 PM
:thumbs: No worries, I go to the Gigabyte site often to get drivers.

As long as you are using the same hardware and have contacted Microsoft then you shouldn't have to recall them, as the 42 ( i think its 42) numbers they gave you will relate to the motherboard / licence code. It should activate with no worries.

Good Luck.