PDA

View Full Version : i got the blue screen of death.

deathracer
11-08-2007, 10:56 PM
well my friend and a couple of ppl have told me that my recent pc problem was the blue screen of death, i read up on it and i think installing partition magic is the cause but i cant uninstall it in safe mode, but if someone knows a way how can you please tell me?
also is there a good thing that come from this like i wont get it anytime soon or does it just happen at random?
is there a way to recover even if this happens is there a way to recover from it, i couldnt do a system restore though?my friend was telling me about some ghost copy that i can do but would that work with this problem in the future?

manvsmachine
11-08-2007, 11:02 PM
The blue screen of death should tell you what the problem is

manvsmachine
11-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Go to this site which should tell you how to sort all this out:

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1647

manvsmachine
11-08-2007, 11:25 PM
If that doesnt sort it out try something else like format your computer

The_End_Of_Reality
11-08-2007, 11:34 PM
manvsmachine, there is no need to reformat so early...

What is the message in the BSOD?

We NEED to know what that is... It could be a device driver in which case updating/reinstalling the drivers will fix this, or it could be a Windows system file which replacing it from the install disc usually fixes that and worst case it can be hardware in which case formating will not fix it... More info!

wainuitech
12-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Whats the error codes ? Reformatting is the last resort.

deathracer
12-08-2007, 06:33 AM
well it says(not exactly like this but along the lines,but the last thing with the numbers is correct)

if this is the first time you see this screen try to restart windows, if it happens again(well i forgot what it says but i just woke up right now,but i copied the number down)

*** stop: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005,0XF8039184,0XF8ABFD44,0XF8ABFA40)

hope that helps if not ill just burn everything i have to blanks and format:( .

The_End_Of_Reality
12-08-2007, 08:32 AM
We need to know if there was a file IDed in this message...

Is your system overclocked?

When does this BSOD happen?

deathracer
12-08-2007, 08:41 AM
We need to know if there was a file IDed in this message...

Is your system overclocked?

When does this BSOD happen?
im sorry i dont know what iDed means, can you explain it?

i dont overclock main reason i dont know how, plus dont want to mess up system.

it happens after the windows xp screen comes up in the boot(the screen where it has the little loading bar at the the bottom).

The_End_Of_Reality
12-08-2007, 10:07 AM
IDed = Identifyed...

If done correctly an overclocked system is fine... mine is and I have no issues at all in regards to hardware stability...

OK, you need to get the whole message and tell us if there is a device driver or file shown in the BSOD...

deathracer
12-08-2007, 10:34 AM
IDed = Identifyed...

If done correctly an overclocked system is fine... mine is and I have no issues at all in regards to hardware stability...

OK, you need to get the whole message and tell us if there is a device driver or file shown in the BSOD...
it doest specify any file error or anything of the sort:waughh: :confused: , i just searched o google also and they all have a picture with it telling them whats wrong or the computer does some file dump but mine doesnt do anything of the sort:( .

The_End_Of_Reality
12-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Then write down the whole message it gives and post it.

wainuitech
12-08-2007, 10:56 AM
The error messages are telling you whats wrong, but as normal humans we dont know what they are unless you look them up, or seen them before and remember them. As post above, please supply whole message.

It could be a hardware problem or software. What you need to do, unless someone here feels like doing it is look up each set of numbers to see what they mean. It could be faulty RAM to Bad drivers.

This may or may not help Error Messages (http://www.gregorybraun.com/MSWinErr.html)

I personally dont have the time today - Sunday and got damn work :yuck:

One other point, if the PC only BSOD when starting in normal mode, then try starting in safe mode, that stops many drivers from loading, it may point to a driver problem.

[QUOTE]i read up on it and i think installing partition magic is the cause but i cant uninstall it in safe mode, but if someone knows a way how can you please tell me?

Install CCleanerCcleaner (http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/) , will run in safe mode go to Tools, select the program Partition Magic, uninstall - that may work

deathracer
12-08-2007, 12:15 PM
forget it im just gonna start all over again, since my friend didnt install a legit copy now windows says it wants me to activate windows now and i cant log into safe mode anymore, but thanks for the help, you guys and gals really came through way more then my friend who wouldnt let me take it to an expert to get it fixed cause he("my friend") said he can do a better job. but hopefully next time i can use more detail as im barely gonna start taking a computer repair class.