PDA

View Full Version : DSE XH1137 ADSL WAN adapter

pico
08-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Hi all,

I just got a DSE PCI modem second hand off Trademe. After some trouble I have got the card inserted and downloaded and installed the driver from the DSE website. The card shows up in Device Manager as a network adapter but it doesn't appear in Network Connections. Also I have a Ethernet 10/100 and a wireless b/g card and have been having a bit of trouble with them as well. Is there a way to refresh all the network devices?

Speedy Gonzales
08-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Delete them in device manager and reboot.

Then see if they appear in Network connections.

Are the drivers for the ethernet and wireless installed as well?

What kind of trouble are u having with the LAN and wireless?

Do they appear in device manager and Network connections?

They dont work at all?

Look in device manager and see if the modem is conflicting with something else.

pico
09-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Delete them in device manager and reboot.

Then see if they appear in Network connections.
Delete all the network adapters or just the ADSL modem? I will wait for your reply before doing this.

Are the drivers for the ethernet and wireless installed as well?
Yes they are all there, I've had these for a long time now.

What kind of trouble are u having with the LAN and wireless?
I bought a wireless printer the other day and am having a bit of trouble getting it to work. I am trying to connect the computer and printer directly without an access point but so far haven't succeeded. So I tried bridging the ethernet adapter and the wireless adapter so that my wired router can assign IP addresses to everything. This worked for a bit but for some reason the wireless connection keeps dropping and not reconnecting after about 10 minutes.

Do they appear in device manager and Network connections?
Yes they all appear in the device manager.

Look in device manager and see if the modem is conflicting with something else.
It doesn't appear that anything is conflicting but I'm not sure what I should be looking for. I have some screen shots of Device Manager and Network Connections but I don't think that I can post them.

Thanks Speedy.

Speedy Gonzales
09-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Delete all the network adapters or just the ADSL modem? I will wait for your reply before doing this.

Yup might as well since its not working anyway.

I bought a wireless printer the other day and am having a bit of trouble getting it to work. I am trying to connect the computer and printer directly without an access point but so far haven't succeeded. So I tried bridging the ethernet adapter and the wireless adapter so that my wired router can assign IP addresses to everything. This worked for a bit but for some reason the wireless connection keeps dropping and not reconnecting after about 10 minutes.

Can u use ad-hoc and infrastructure mode with both?

You MAY need an AP. How far apart is the printer from everything else? next to each other? in another room?

Whats the brand/model of the printer?

It doesn't appear that anything is conflicting but I'm not sure what I should be looking for. I have some screen shots of Device Manager and Network Connections but I don't think that I can post them.

Click on all the +'s in device manager, see if any have a ! or X beside them.

This is usually a sign of conflicting.

You can post snapshots here (http://imagef1.net.nz/)

Upload the pic/s and copy and paste the links in here.

pico
09-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi Speedy,

I just managed to get it to work! I formed a better search in Google and got the following link:

How to troubleshoot missing network connections icons in Windows Server 2003 and in Windows XP (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825826)

When I had gotten about half way through the instructions the modem had appeared in the network connections tab. It seems in my attempts to improve performance that I had turned off some services that were required.

I'll post another thread regarding the issue with the printer if I can't get it to work later. Maybe fixing this problem will fix that one too!

Thanks for your time Speedy.