PDA

View Full Version : WIN32ONLINEGAMES ????

SurferJoe46
08-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Spybot sees this, and as usual it cannot do anything about it...

Funny, but I don't use online games and I wonder why this is in my SOYO now.

I know it is supposed to live in C:\\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\EPSN.dll, but I'll be darned if I can find it.

It isn't showing in My Programs, or HJT or AVG Anti-Rootkit, or Rogue Remover or AdAware or anything else.

If I don't play games, what's the problem?

I went to WOW in their Tech Support, ran their system scanner and this popped in:

The Blizzard Launcher has detected the Trojan-PSW.Win32.WOW.rc Trojan on your machine which may be used to steal your World of Warcraft account name and password....since Google suggested I go there for help and got this list:

(Trojan-PSW.Win32.WOW.rc Found)

Program.......................Version used.......Identifies this Trojan as

AntiVir (Free).................7.4.0.32 ..............TR/Crypt.ULPM.Gen
BitDefender (Trial) ..........7.2......................Trojan.PWS.OnLi neGames.TH
CAT-QuickHeal (Trial).......9.00....................(Suspicious) - DNAScan
ClamAV (Free)................devel-20070416.....Trojan.Spy-6766
Ewido (Trial)...................4.0 .....................Trojan.WOW.rc
Fortinet .........................2.85.0.0...............W3 2/WOW.RC!tr.pws
F-Prot (Trial)...................4.3.2.48...............W 32/PWStealer2!Generic
F-Secure (Trial)...............6.70.13030.0T.......Trojan-PSW.Win32.WOW.rc
Ikarus (Trial)....................T3.1.1.8............... Trojan-PWS.OnlineGames.TH
Kaspersky (Trial)..............4.0.2.24................Troja n-PSW.Win32.WOW.rc
NOD32v2 (Trial)................2329....................Win 32/Pacex.Gen
Norman (Trial)..................5.80.02.................W 32/Wow.BDV
Panda (Trial) ...................9.0.0.4.................Suspici ous file
Sophos (Trial)...................4.18.0 .................Mal/EncPk-I
Symantec (Trial)...............10.......................Tro jan.Packed.NsAnti
Webwasher-Gateway (Trial).6.0.1..................Trojan.Crypt.ULPM.G en

I went into Safe Mode, can still find it in Spybot, but again it cannot be removed for reasons unclear.

Since I don't game, have never had anything more than Spider Solitaire and Klondike which comes in XP that I've played..what do you suppose invited it in?

I never had and don't want a World of Warcraft account name and password...how can it hack one I don't have in the first place?

Speedy Gonzales
08-08-2007, 05:00 PM
See if trojan remover picks it up. Looks like its in its database under.

PWS.WOW

Steals account information for the online game
World of Warcraft.

Update it click on scan, then open c and scan it with trojan remover as well.

SurferJoe46
08-08-2007, 05:14 PM
BoClean got it...but now how do I get rid of the BoClean card on my desktop?...it's the one that you get if you right click the icon near the clock...

There's no "X" on the box to close it and I don't really want to shut BoClean down if I don't have to.

SurferJoe46
08-08-2007, 05:17 PM
I still wonder why in the world I got it?

I don't game!

Speedy Gonzales
08-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Pass, i dont game either.

You mean the window for Boclean?? Just close it, as long as the icon is still in the taskbar, it should still be running.

SurferJoe46
08-08-2007, 05:32 PM
I hadda reboot to close it..there's no "X" on the box and when I clicked the button to shut it off..BoClean disappeared at the same time..so a reboot

--Wolf--
08-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Just cause you never game doesn't mean you can't get a game related virus.

It's like saying, I never take my car over glass covered roads, yet I can still get a punctured tire.

Bozo
08-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Just cause you never game doesn't mean you can't get a game related virus.
It's like saying, I never take my car over glass covered roads, yet I can still get a punctured tire.
True, but it would seem as though the object of this trojan is only to steal user names and passwords.
But still, what else is it going to do while it is in there? it could easily be reverse engineered by someone else and do even more destructive stuff lol

Moral of the story: Don't play the lamest of all games. WoW;)

--Wolf--
08-08-2007, 06:53 PM
And say you never found out about it, then tomorrow you start playing WoW.

Boom, there goes your account.

Bozo
08-08-2007, 07:14 PM
if i lost my WoW account i would be greatfull because it would've just stoped me from destroying my life lol!
btw, WoW is not a game, it is an experience. Maybe we should start a thread all about how lame WoW is and the cons/cons (not pros/cons) of it are ;)

--Wolf--
08-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Hey, not everyone thinks WoW sucks.

I know I played (for like a month) and thought it was OK, but I didn't want to get involved with it so I quit (and sold my acc).

I'm sure everyone has gone through the phase of those popular online games, Runescape (i think thats it), WoW and a bunch of the older ones.

Bozo
08-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Fair enough, but WoW is hardly a game, did you read the article about the Japanese student who wrote a bot for the game, and it got him up to level 70? if you can write a bot for a game, and it gets you that far, it should hardly be classified as a game - its an experience! :p

--Wolf--
08-08-2007, 07:44 PM
So games (console and pc) that you can cheat on are not games?

Lets take GTA Vice City for the PS2 for eg. You could buy a gameshark and use that to cheat.

Tho I do agree it was more of an experience, but it is still a game.

Bozo
08-08-2007, 08:01 PM
not cheat, but if you can create a bot, that you simply let run, and it will complete the game for you......... um *** was the point of 'playing' that game.
Some cheats for games (like god mode etc.) can kinda be fun, but still actually requires you to play.
Cheats that destroy the enemy with a single command are stupid, just imagine it:
"hey i just completed Company of Heroes in 1 hour!"
'how did you manage that?'
"just used the 'kill all' command"
'....point of playing that game.....???? .....'
lol :cool: