PDA

View Full Version : Which printer

fkapepa
07-08-2007, 07:38 PM
I would like to set up a SMALL business (not Commercial) in digital photo printing. Which type fo printers would give me quality prints?
fkapepa

winmacguy
07-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Ones that cost more than standard desktop home style printers. Your probably better off talking to a supplier of commercial grade digital printers - they are not actually that big. You might want to ask forum member plod.

Bozo
07-08-2007, 10:20 PM
I have used printers a little, not a large amount, but have talked to a fair few people about them, and quite a few people recommend some of Canon's products. Can't really add too much here.
Use Google - it has the answers to life ;)

Bantu
08-08-2007, 08:27 AM
I print a lot out on an Epson Photo R2400. Great quality on good Epson paper. I also have a dedicated Kodak Photo Printer and in my opinion the Epson results are slightly better, although I have no idea on how long a print from either printer would actually last before it fades away. I would guess the Kodak one's prints would last longer.

The R2400 is an A3+ printer but I do a lot of DTP work so it gets used a lot for that as well.

Prints from my Epson R310 come out almost as well as the R2400.

My Neighbour is in the Howick Camera Club and a lot of their members seemingly went Canon, but I don't know what models. Cheaper to run so he told me.