PDA

View Full Version : HP 5200C Scanner - power supply

Mercury
06-08-2007, 06:08 PM
I need to install an old scanner temporily. Trouble is it was my Dad's and has become separated from the power supply/cord.

Does anyone know whether the HP 5200C scanner runs directly on 240 Volts or if it uses an adaptor?

I've found a cable in a box that fits it but am hesitant to try it without advice in case it goes bang.

Shortcircuit
06-08-2007, 08:02 PM
It uses an adapter/power brick. If you look on the back it has a small round power plug, it also lists underneath the power rating.

I just re-read that and I'm thinking the cable you've got might be the usb lead that goes to the computer. It goes into a squarish plug in the back of the scanner and there is also a round plug for the power supply.

Mercury
06-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi,

Thanks but that isn't it. It has both a USB connection and serial port.

The power isn't a single hole but a double one (looks like a number 8). I have a 240 volt lead that fits it (the lead was in a sealed plastic bag so wasn't the original one).

Voltage says 100-240V 0.52-0.26A 50-60 Hz.

Sounds like it runs directly off the mains but, from memory, all other printers/scanners I've come across run from an adaptor. Thus my query. And I think I recall from years ago a double plug like this running to an adaptor for some piece of equipment or other (but I can't remember what or if this was really so).

Shortcircuit
06-08-2007, 09:16 PM
I've got a 5200 at work- definitely runs off an adapter... I wouldn't be plugging it into a lead without an adapter if I was you.

(I thought it was the same plug as the 4100 I have at home... but maybe not!)