PDA

View Full Version : Fastway Help!

trinsic
03-08-2007, 12:06 PM
OK I had a package sent from a retailer in Auckland down to Hamilton right. It was sent on Tuesday 10th July so I either expected it Friday or next week Monday/Tuesday. Nothing, called the retailer and they gave me the track and trace number and after checking it on Fastway's site it shows up as being delivered AND signed on the Friday. What the hell?

I work from home while everyone else goes out to work so I am the only one to sign it anyway. Send them off an email and they show me proof of delivery which has my address and a signature which is unknown to me. I am waiting for a reply today but what do I do now? The retailer will only help once Fastway confirms the item is lost (which is all he should have to do, fair enough).

With the signature I fear that Fastway will try and get out of it. :help:

NB: I had another package sent by another retailer as well and it also happened to be with Fastway. The package was sent on Friday and they left a note on Tuesday in the letterbox saying I missed them, if they came up the driveway I would of seen them :groan:
Finally got this package though but no joy on the above one.

robbyp
03-08-2007, 01:51 PM
The are the worst courier company in New Zealand IMHO. What I think could have hapened is the courier signed it himself, and then left it on your property and someone then stole it. The only other thing, is that they delvered it to the wrong address, and perhaps a kid signed for ita dn kept it.

johcar
03-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Or the courier couldn't be bothered, signed for it and binned the item (or listed it on Trademe)...

trinsic
03-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Letterbox is too small to hold anything bigger then a shoebox, the package is at least twice that. :D I am guessing someone else has it or the courier signed it but never delivered it (aka lost).

Knowing they are bad doesn't really help but I will just remember that for next time. All I want now is to get compensation or the item. Going to contact the drop off location in town and see if maybe they have it.

Laura
03-08-2007, 02:55 PM
There have been lots of complaints about Fastway over time here.

I've been surprised, as my own experience with the Dunedin branch has been good.
Now I realise it's a linked group of separate businesses ( franchise?) the anomaly makes sense.
In my case, the North Island pickup went sour, causing a problem not only for me but for the locals, with whom I'd arranged the job.

So if you have a good pair, stick with them. Otherwise, remember you need both ends to work well.

pctek
03-08-2007, 04:24 PM
The retailer will only help once Fastway confirms the item is lost (which is all he should have to do, fair enough).

With the signature I fear that Fastway will try and get out of it. :help:

Sorry no, they can't get out of it.

Like my Graphics card the PBT woman signed herself and "left in the letterbox".

She got fired, I got a new card, I got a letter and bottle of wine from PBT head office.

And the retailer should help if he is of the good after sales service variety.

Trev
03-08-2007, 11:46 PM
I agree with pctek push them until you get a satisfactory result. Even if it means going to the disputes tribunal or small claims court. You have a case against them.
Trevor :)