PDA

View Full Version : Help with setting up private email access

whatdoyouknow
01-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Hi, no doubt an absolutely easy one for most (but not me!) but please would someone tell me how to go about setting up a a second email address that only I would have access to (so I assume passwords would come into it) and is there a way that I can have those emails coming only to my laptop. At present I have my laptop and my pc set up with a wireless router - the pc is for everyones use and the laptops all mine, and i wish to retain some privacy for my email purposes without the emails going onto the pc. Even if I can have emails only going to my laptop I still wish to set up another email address

Bantu
01-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Depends on your ISP. Ihug gives us 5 email addresses. I have my main login which is 1 email that only Ihug and I use. I log into the Web on Ihug's site and can create 4 more, any over that 4 they charge me a little extra per month.

If one of those starts getting too much junk email I just delete it and create a new one, it is a simple process. My main login one rarely gets used and has no junk mail.

Greg
01-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Webmail, although not a perfect answer, is an option. Eg Gmail.

Speedy Gonzales
01-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Just open Outlook Express or whatever email client is on the laptop.

Put your username / pw in it. And you'll get email on it. As long as its connected to the net.

And if your userrname / pw is still on the main PC, delete the account in the email client.

whatdoyouknow
01-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Thank you people! I will try out the options. This is a great way for us "budding" techno wannabies to find help!

beeswax34
01-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Gmail FTW. In about 2-3 years, I would have had about 2 spam messages and its really functional:thums: