PDA

View Full Version : How i know if my card supports dual monitors?

jamezy07
31-07-2007, 08:24 PM
This is my card http://educations.newegg.com/item/14...-122-009_1.jpg, a nvidia 7600GT tdh agp 256mb.

My card has a DVI plug and a monitor plug, if a buy another monitor can i plug into the VGA sub port without DVI and use dual monitors?

im a bit lost :D

Thanks in advance.

yes and if there is a way to know if my card supports dual monitors tell me please :D

ronyville
31-07-2007, 08:41 PM
You will need to buy a DVI to VGA converter so you can plug in a second monitor.

Jen
31-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Your link has been cropped and doesn't work.

If you have the white DVI and a blue VGA connector, then yes, your card will support dual monitors. You will need to use your display properties to set this up (or your video card's control panel eg ATi, nVidia). You will have the choice of cloned desktops (each monitor will show the same desktop) or spanned (a single desktop will span across both the monitors).

Poppa John
31-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Just out of curiosity. Is it possible to have two monitors, showing different sreens, of say, Outlook Express & PF1 , and to be able to work both of them??? PJ

Jen
31-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Just out of curiosity. Is it possible to have two monitors, showing different sreens, of say, Outlook Express & PF1 , and to be able to work both of them??? PJYes, of course. I have my dual monitors set up so that the desktop spans across the two of them, but each monitor displays different windows eg, email on one, browser on the other. Your mouse just moves between the two as if it is one physical monitor. :)

Poppa John
31-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Hmmmm. I wonder if Maryann would notice that her monitor was missing? PJ:lol: