PDA

View Full Version : "Normal" AVG Folders-Scanned Count?

SurferJoe46
30-07-2007, 05:05 AM
On my SOYO, I get about 235,670+ folders scanned in a normal AVG-Free malware scan...and I want to see if I have a higher than normal count compared to youse guys.

I admit that I have a lot going on in that tower, but is that anywhere near normal for a system to have to scan?

I admit that that is NOT a deep scan either, just the normal defaulted scan that it is doing.

I don't have time during daylight hours to perform a full-system scan with AVG.

Jen
30-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Is this the computer that has 9 hard drivers (or so) for all your multimedia stuff? If it is, then of course your scanned folder count is going to be way higher than average. Very few people have that many drives or that much saved data to scan.

Or does this computer have the one average sized hard drive and you wish to compare the folder count to those with the same sized hard drive??

SurferJoe46
30-07-2007, 09:01 AM
This is a smaller unit..just two hdds...a 40 and a 60 I think.

That opens another question though....

Is it important to scan ALL files and folders? I think so, but am willing to learn something new.

Speedy Gonzales
30-07-2007, 09:11 AM
It may pay to scan folders as well.

Since if theres something in the SR folders. Then obviously, just a file scan wont pick anything up. And normally you cant go into the System Volume Info folder, without adding yourself to this folder first.

But a AV program can scan within it.

Altho, whats the diff?? Because most files are in folders arent they?

So why have the option of scanning one or the other?